Forums are back in action! ×

To eat or not to eat?..I didn't know I'd been asking the wrong question!

Hi,

My name is Brittany and my entire life I have had a love affair with food.  I love food, but don't love the fat that comes along with it.  I have tried countless diets and yet never saw any actual lasting results.  I recently lost about 30lbs and got down to my lowest weight since high school (117lbs). However, I did so by eating very few calories (1200 or less) and exercising (cardio only) for an hour a day as well.  I lost the weight, but was always hungry and tired with no energy to do anything.  I recently read Staci's story and got completely inspired to start heavy lifting!  It appealed to me because I hate cardio and hate barely eating!  I never knew the benefit of gaining muscle for women and after reading Staci's story, I decided to give lifting a try.  It's only been a couple weeks and since then, I have been making small changes to my diet to make it more Paleo, as well as eating more (about 1500-1700 calories a day), and barbell training (Squats, Dedlifts, Bench Press, Barbell Row) about every other day.  I joined NerdFitness to get some support in my quest to turn my fat into muscle and any and all advice I can get about how much to eat and how long/often to weight train in order to achieve my goals!

Wish me luck! Thanks!

-Brittany 

• Like 1