Forums are back in action! ×

I survived my first Spartan Sprint in Malibu, Ca!

11272938465_141e462e64_c.jpg

More detailed post in my challenge thread.

It took awhile, but I lived :)

It was a lot of fun, and much harder the I expected it to be.  I don't think I would be able to get trifecta next year, but maybe 2015 if I can train hard for it.  Who knows though, maybe I can shape up fast enough :)

• Like 5

Hey... I saw your post come across my Google+ feed last night.... +1'd it too.

Congrats man, I did my first Spartan November 3rd, so I know that feel bro.  The Sprint at Miller Park, took me an hour and 22 minutes, many burpees were done.  Traverse Wall, 8 foot wall, and spear throw I failed in quick succession, 90 burpees in the span of 100 meters sucked.  A lot harder than the Warrior Dash which I completed a hair over 50 minutes. 

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Congrats.  My first ever sprint last year took a little over 4 hours (in my defence, I *did* fracture my foot five minutes into it...).  Got my trifecta this year.  So it's possible to do it (I wouldn't say exactly easy or pleasurable).  People generally either want to do many many more or never touch them again... I think I can tell which camp you're in. That is one HUGE grin you got going on there ... I looked like death after my first one  :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I know exactly what you mean Tate. After my first OCR I said "That was the most fun I've had since I was a kid, but I didn't do anything that awesome as a kid."

Just a heads up man, if you volunteer for a Spartan Race event you gain yourself a free race entry, and yeah you can race the same day you volunteer. Really eases the burden on the wallet.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Spartan Race is so much fun! Great job finishing your first! My first was the Beast this year and I signed up for the Super next year already I had so much fun. It is a great challenge but also so much fun!! I had even more fun on the Dirty Dash since it was a shorter distance and wasn't timed...no competition...just playing in the mud like a pig.

I know exactly what you mean Tate. After my first OCR I said "That was the most fun I've had since I was a kid, but I didn't do anything that awesome as a kid."

Just a heads up man, if you volunteer for a Spartan Race event you gain yourself a free race entry, and yeah you can race the same day you volunteer. Really eases the burden on the wallet.

I was telling this same thing to my brother in law that ran it with me.  I think I might try to get some work in the next time I go to one assuming I am not meeting with the kids and wife to go to Disneyland after again ;)

Spartan Race is so much fun! Great job finishing your first! My first was the Beast this year and I signed up for the Super next year already I had so much fun. It is a great challenge but also so much fun!! I had even more fun on the Dirty Dash since it was a shorter distance and wasn't timed...no competition...just playing in the mud like a pig.

I can't even imagine what it would take to get in the beast or super.  Lots more training I guess haha

Excellent work man!

That's way cool!  I want to do a Spartan race next year, but haven't fully committed.  Your write-up makes it sound awesome and you're a beast for powering through it.  Good job!

Yup, it was pretty awesome.  I actually signed up for in on the last day of May.  That was the day I signed up for my first challenge here at NF.  It was sort of the ultimate motivator for me I guess.

What's funny is 2-3 days after the even is when I am showing more bruising on my body.  I feel like I am just about recovered soreness wise, but the knees, hands, and elbows still hurt a bit.  Have a few scabs to show off to people too ;)