Forums are back in action! ×

Surviving holiday parties!

Deciding to go paleo during the holidays could not be any harder. There are cookies, cakes and candy on every coworkers' desk and holiday parties filled with the same junk. Today I went to my work's holiday dessert party. No fruit was offered at all!!! BUT they used blackberries, blueberries and strawberries to garnish the plate of cakes, pies and cookies, so I went gathering around all the plates to make a bowl of berries for myself. Other people were even like where is the fruit plate??

I am usually someone who caves at these things. I usually feel too awkward to not eat the same foods and I fall into the pressure pretty quickly. I feel proud and accomplished to have been able to survive this dessert party. There is another one tomorrow. I can't wait for these parties to be over...Thank you for all your inspiration. I read through nerdfitness throughout the work day to keep me inspired and motivated. Cannot do this without you guys! :chuncky:

Hope that you all have a happy, healthy holiday!

Way to go! I know the feeling. My family bakes up a storm during the holidays and it is very hard to resist! 

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."