Forums are back in action! ×

I feel much the same way... And just saw Blizzard's sale on Pandaria, so my account is patching. Oops. I done did it again!

Hahaha!!! I feel like I may have played a small part in enabling this addiction for you! I keep going back and forth on going back. I want to so badly but I don't want to start throwing all my time into it again!! Enjoy Pandaria, it really is a lot of fun :D 

• Like 1

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

When I was playing I really came soo close to making a guild called Biggest Loser WoW.  We'd schedule raids, but also have scheduled times where we all log off and do something fitnessy.

I actually think this is a fantastic idea!!!! Or something like if the guild is big enough, you have to report in what you did fitness wise throughout the day to be allowed into the raid in the evening. Only people who completed 30 minutes+ would be allowed spots. Ooooo and biggest loser style weight loss challenge for gear! Although, I guess with the new systems in place gear doesn't necessarily work like that anymore.

• Like 2

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8

Guilds are too dangerous for me.  I used to get so competitive about having the best/highest crafting, all the rep mounts, crazy pets from virtual fishing, etc.  I raided many times a week and had a heroic group.  

Now whenever I play a new MMO I try to be as anti-social as possible.  I usually quit the game or start a new character when I finish the story line/get to max level.  Sometimes I'll accept a guild invite if the name is ridiculous enough, but I never stay in it long.  Small guilds are the worst because you feel such pressure to help people at the expense of cooking and washing the dishes and doing yoga.  At least with a big guild you can hide better.

• Like 1

I've always been a solo player. Love playing with a Guild, but prefer going alone. Which is probably why I burn out on these games, because a solo player's endgame is pretty bland. My friends with strong Guilds still play a ton, and I'm sure it's all about the raids!

I DO think that a performance-based Raid queue would be awesome, though! "Sorry, guys, can't raid tonight. I didn't do my squats!"

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I make it a point that if I'm in a PUG that I call Tauren "Walking Food".

For the Horde!

I cannot tell you how many hamburger/cow funk comments I get.

"If you die, I'm makin' burgers"

"Smells like hay"

/emote so-and-so knocks a steak off <my toon's> ass

*sob*

I feel like I need a support group for in-game discrimination.

I've always been a solo player. Love playing with a Guild, but prefer going alone. Which is probably why I burn out on these games, because a solo player's endgame is pretty bland. My friends with strong Guilds still play a ton, and I'm sure it's all about the raids!

I DO think that a performance-based Raid queue would be awesome, though! "Sorry, guys, can't raid tonight. I didn't do my squats!"

The looking for raid stuff is amazing for solo players or just when you don't have hours to devote to raiding but want to experience the end game stuff. I'm pretty solo as well, but mostly because the guild I was in did stuff at like 8pm or later and I usually am in bed by 9 LOL! 

• Like 1

Level 10 Wandering Nord

I don't see how the raid system can compare to listening to your guild leader yell and scream and chew pizza over vent when someone stood in the fire.

When I did raid with a Guild, our leader would just wander away right in the middle. So disorienting! None of us knew he had a little one that was demanding his attention, and he had no clue about etiquette. Short lived Guild!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hahaha!!! I feel like I may have played a small part in enabling this addiction for you! I keep going back and forth on going back. I want to so badly but I don't want to start throwing all my time into it again!! Enjoy Pandaria, it really is a lot of fun :D

One of our healers had like 6 children and would breast feed during raids.  Needless to say she was awful and always let people die.

I haven't really played since Cata. Never picked up MOP, but if a NF guild happens, I'd probably hop back in.

My main is on The Venture Co, so I'll toss that server out as a suggestion :)

For the Horde!!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*