Forums are back in action! ×

In need of motivation

Hey All,

i'm new to this, have heard great things from a friend.

Over the past 5 years from working in a job sitting on my butt for 12 hours a day i've put on a lot of weight.

Because of this i have bad knees, ankles and back.

Late last year i managed to lose 20 pounds but it's been a year and lacking motivation i haven't gotten any further. I've kept it off though so i'm happy with that.

I'm 250 pounds at the moment and to be healthier and fitter - and well taking a lot of weight off my joints - my goal is to lose another 80 pounds over the next year.

I'm hoping this will help and am looking forward to starting my first challenge!

Race: Dwarf. Class: Warrior. Level: 4 STR: 9 DEX: 4 STA: 5 CON: 7 WIS: 8 CHA: 2

Daily Quest Battle Log

Challenge 1: BBWW will be my bitch Browncoat

Challenge 2: Calling in the Cavalry Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 3: K.I.S.S. Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 4: Back in Black  C25K & Zombies, Run! Champions

Challenge 5: It's my Strong Hand

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

The best part about getting yourself into shape is that your muscles will strengthen. You will get lighter, which will make the load on your knees and back that much easier, which will let you work out a little harder. It's a great cycle.

And you came to the Rebellion, the greatest support group on earth. You hear that? That's your new life calling!

And it's going to be sweet! Go kick some butt, and have fun!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Thanks for the support!

I'm really excited about doing this. Having great people on here helps

Daily Quest Battle Log

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

Welcome, and congratulations on what you've already accomplished!

Weightlifting (to some degree) will help with bad joints. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into it, but if you get those muscles strong, good joints will follow :)

We're always here to encourage you if you need it! Good luck!

Hello!

Late last year i managed to lose 20 pounds but it's been a year and lacking motivation i haven't gotten any further. I've kept it off though so i'm happy with that.

I'm 250 pounds at the moment and to be healthier and fitter - and well taking a lot of weight off my joints - my goal is to lose another 80 pounds over the next year.

Good job with keeping the weight off! That's something that doesn't always happen. During college I lost a similar amount but then gained it back over a summer.

It's amazing what a little bit of weight loss does for taking the pressure off. During my workout this week, my friend stuck a 40 pound weight on my back during pushups and said "This is what pushups used to feel like to you", with me struggling to each one. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes on your body. 

I wish you well with your goal!

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Hello!

Good job with keeping the weight off! That's something that doesn't always happen. During college I lost a similar amount but then gained it back over a summer.

It's amazing what a little bit of weight loss does for taking the pressure off. During my workout this week, my friend stuck a 40 pound weight on my back during pushups and said "This is what pushups used to feel like to you", with me struggling to each one. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes on your body. 

I wish you well with your goal!

That's a really good idea! Next time I'm complaining about pushups, I'm going to add some weight to see what I used to push around! BRILLIANT!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

ok halfway through day 3 of no sugar/coffee/energy drinks and i'm starting to fade.

will keep drinking water and will grab a green tea but this is the first time i'm feeling tempted to nip down to the dairy and grab a nice big can full of sugar and guarana and other stuff that is not good for you

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

You can keep going!!! Find things that distract you! Also, non-sugary gum or mints usually work for me when I want to go and grab potato chips or other snacks.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

EAT YOUR FRUIT! You will get the sugar and energy you are missing, better natural sugars from fruit than anything you'll get in a can! And that canned stuff? IT'S MADE OF POISONED LAVA! You don't want to drink poison lava now, do you?

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

but i do want to drink poison lava :( it tastes so good

hehe

i was actually just thinking about my fruit intake and realised it's largely morning consumption.

i have a banana and mixed berries with my protein shake when i wake up

peaches and blueberries with oatmeal for breakfast a few hours later

and a plum/apple in the afternoon

i have kiwifruit on my desk that i keep forgetting to eat as it's messy and time consuming - but i used to eat two with lunch before the holidays so will have to get back into that.

realised had some raisins in the cupboard so grabbed a few - damn those are high in sugar - and will have them with a few nuts as a snack too

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Hey there fellow derbygal!  I absolutely hear you on wanting to lose some pounds to make your life easier on your joints.  Is caffinated tea off your list, too?  I found myself consuming too much coffee, and while I haven't kicked the habit, I've learned to ease off on it by switching to tea, and to decaf coffee.  I enjoy the beverage too much to personally be willing to ditch it 100%, and I've found that I've willingly gone days without it by instead substituting white tea!  It didn't happen on purpose!   Hang in there - You'll reach your goals!

Hey DeltaBravo.

The only tea I am drinking is green tea. I don't drink it too often but it's nice when I need something warm to drink.

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

ok so a new workout was just posted

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/09/the-star-wars-workout-jedi-training-101/

holy crap - think i will have to start jedi training in a few months!!!

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"