Forums are back in action! ×

New here for a strange goal

Hey, just joined up for the purpose of getting some motivational support and this seemed a good place to do it. I used to be in pretty good shape in high school but a desk job post college changed that and I've lost a lot of definition and put on about 20 pounds. I never had a lot of motivation to lose it before but now there's something I want to do that might seem a little strange: a nude 5k.

Normally I could just go back to my old training routine to run a race, but given that this is run in the altogether I want to try to look my best for it. The race is in august and I'm hoping I can make some progress in that time and from there continue to build on that foundation.

Like I said, a little weird but I figure if it gets me started, what the hey?

• Like 2

i'd of thought a simple eat clean and lift teh heavy tings plan would be called for, along with some sprints and a few days doing whatever amount of running is necessary for 5k...

And you're user name's alter ego is the Flash. Might be the best pun I've RUN IN TO all day!

you're not doing too bad yourself

As of now I'm working back into my old training routine, though at this point I can only do about 2 miles at a slower pace before it starts to hurt. Hopefully that'll get better. And I'm just starting out the strong lifts 5x5 workout, though at a very low weight.

And the run is just a fun run, something I've wanted to try for a while. There's a number of them all around the country if you look.

A Flash fan who wants to look good naked? Pun or no pun, I can respect that! Welcome to the rebellion! Are you going to do a 6-week challenge?

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week