Forums are back in action! ×

My first run in years!

The last time I ran was a 10k for charity with my sixth form tutor group, when I was 17. I did barely any preparation for it (other than playing rugby every week) and completed it in just over an hour. (and then completed about 60 minutes of a rugby game after - believe it or not that game was probably the best I've ever played)

So this morning I went for my first run in absolute yonks (4 years). It was horrible and I only managed a really short distance before feeling ill and coming home but I did get out there and run! 

The great thing is I don't think running tomorrow will be so horrible. I live on an estate and so I have almost like a circuit to run around. One "circuit" is about 1km.

I managed 2km in 15minutes, I had too walk more towards the end because I felt so ill therefore my time picked up a lot but I still feel incredibly proud that I dragged myself out of bed and into my trainers. 

• Like 1

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog