Forums are back in action! ×

What games is everyone currently playing?

I loved that game, but it was so addictive. I was deleting some old "Save Game" data the other day and I saw that I invested over 200 hours into that game. 

If you really want to make yourself cry, do a /played command in WoW.  200 hours is nothing.  There are people who's /played time is well over 200 days.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

If you really want to make yourself cry, do a /played command in WoW.  200 hours is nothing.  There are people who's /played time is well over 200 days.  

mother-of-god.jpg

• Like 1

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Hell that is nothing, when I was at the top of my WoW addiction in highschool my druid's /played was at 364 days (in 2008). And he wasn't the only character I played... I wasted so much of my life on that game. Wish I could get a do-over. Instead however I'm back to playing WoW again.

• Like 1

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

Hell that is nothing, when I was at the top of my WoW addiction in highschool my druid's /played was at 364 days (in 2008). And he wasn't the only character I played... I wasted so much of my life on that game. Wish I could get a do-over. Instead however I'm back to playing WoW again.

Yea.  During my hardcore raiding days back in The Burning Crusade, my paladin's /played was somewhere around there too, IIRC.  I quit for 2 years and I'm back playing again myself, but now I'm a little wiser and I play FAR FAR less than before.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yea.  During my hardcore raiding days back in The Burning Crusade, my paladin's /played was somewhere around there too, IIRC.  I quit for 2 years and I'm back playing again myself, but now I'm a little wiser and I play FAR FAR less than before.  

I should be wiser about playing nowadays, however I find myself on it way more then I want to be. Luckily on the days I work I barely get on the game (usually just 30 minutes and I log out.) However I wish I never started again maybe I'll have to just uninstall the game again until I can control my playtime.

• Like 1

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

I should be wiser about playing nowadays, however I find myself on it way more then I want to be. Luckily on the days I work I barely get on the game (usually just 30 minutes and I log out.) However I wish I never started again maybe I'll have to just uninstall the game again until I can control my playtime.

If it's that big an issue, there are ways to get your account perma-banned.  You could do that on purpose so you can't play again.  It is pretty permanent though.....

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I hit well over 3000 hours in Guild Wars back when I played that haha

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Would have been me easily had I kept playing. At my peak I was logging about a day a week while I was in college, Monday-Friday nights from 8-12, Saturday mornings from waking until whenever it was time to go hang out with friends for that night's plans. Probably a solid year of this before I got what boiled down to an ultimatum of "wow or me" from my then girlfriend.

If it's that big an issue, there are ways to get your account perma-banned.  You could do that on purpose so you can't play again.  It is pretty permanent though.....

Yeah it is. My account got hacked about a year after I stopped playing and perma banned for gold farming and advertising it or something. I tried multiple times to go back to the game, but could never get my account unlocked and wasn't going to start again at square 1.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Would have been me easily had I kept playing. At my peak I was logging about a day a week while I was in college, Monday-Friday nights from 8-12, Saturday mornings from waking until whenever it was time to go hang out with friends for that night's plans. Probably a solid year of this before I got what boiled down to an ultimatum of "wow or me" from my then girlfriend.

Yeah it is. My account got hacked about a year after I stopped playing and perma banned for gold farming and advertising it or something. I tried multiple times to go back to the game, but could never get my account unlocked and wasn't going to start again at square 1.

My account had been hacked and I never knew. Stopped playing for like a year or so. Came back and reset my password. Logged on and my inventory was full of rare mining stuff. They had maxxed out mining for me, and bought me a flying mount. Not to mention a ton of gold. I started playing at a new expansion and I was 1-2 levels above the last max. So I was a bit overpowered until the end of the quests (i think it was the one with the tree but its been so long).

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

My account had been hacked and I never knew. Stopped playing for like a year or so. Came back and reset my password. Logged on and my inventory was full of rare mining stuff. They had maxxed out mining for me, and bought me a flying mount. Not to mention a ton of gold. I started playing at a new expansion and I was 1-2 levels above the last max. So I was a bit overpowered until the end of the quests (i think it was the one with the tree but its been so long).

That's awesome. I only ever found out because they e-mailed me to tell me I was banned. I was very confused as I thought my subscription had run out months before, but they were there paying for it.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Even that wouldn't work right now. If I got perma banned it's too easy to just buy a new account. And since you get a free level 90 when you buy Warlords of Draenor I would only need 10 levels to be max lvl again which would take me around 5 hours to get there (I'm pretty quick at leveling.) I have thought about trying to get banned though but it wouldn't be a huge deal if I did since it's so easy to get back into it from a brand new account. 

With that being said I think my biggest problem is having so many characters that I'm doing stuff on right now (I have 12 lvl 100s) that all need to do their garrison shit, their raids, and pvp stuff daily/weekly. If I just picked one character to focus on and forget the rest I think my play time would drop substantially. Which is what I need to do.

On the bright side, today was the first time I logged on in around 5 days and that was only for 30ish mins to do garrison shit then logged off. And I still have technically 4 more days of 12hr shifts at work I doubt I'll be on in the next 4 days unless it's just a quick 30 minute in and out type of deal.

What I really need is to buckle down with the real life shit I need to get done daily and save the WoW until everything is done, that would give me 1-2 hours of playtime on my days off max which would be nice.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

[truncated]

I totally understand.  I've got 5 level 100's and it's definitely a lot of work to do all the Garrison crap every day.  I finally just decided it wasn't worth it.  I do one or two characters worth of that stuff.  Sometimes none.  The cool thing is, not doing them every day actually doesn't hurt you, since all the crafting/work order stuff accumulates over time.  The only thing you miss out on is herbs and ore, which are super easy to get anyway.  

Having a lot of level 100's is pretty nice too.  I pvp a fair bit (rated battlegrounds mostly), and it's good to be able to switch characters depending on what the team needs at the time.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

It sounds like they've really made leveling easy mode. That blows.

500 / 330 / 625

They have to make it easy to level up. The brain's reward system activates when you level up. That's one of the many ways they keep the victim player hooked playing.

• Like 1

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Outside of the free level 90 boost for buying Warlords, I wouldn't say they made it easier, per se.  They simply made it more efficient.  Back in the Beta, there was only 100 quests per faction.  It was literally impossible to hit level 60 through questing.  Currently, there's enough quests to hit max level without grinding, and it is immeasurably more fun.  Sure, it's faster too, since the zones actually make sense, and the progression from quest to quest is more obvious, but it's hardly "easy mode". 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Even that wouldn't work right now. If I got perma banned it's too easy to just buy a new account. And since you get a free level 90 when you buy Warlords of Draenor I would only need 10 levels to be max lvl again which would take me around 5 hours to get there (I'm pretty quick at leveling.) I have thought about trying to get banned though but it wouldn't be a huge deal if I did since it's so easy to get back into it from a brand new account. 

So this isn't normal? I'd call 10 levels in 5 hours easy mode. Hell, 10 levels in 20 hours at the top end levels was a damn good clip back in the day if I'm remembering correctly.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

So this isn't normal? I'd call 10 levels in 5 hours easy mode. Hell, 10 levels in 20 hours at the top end levels was a damn good clip back in the day if I'm remembering correctly.

It's possible, but certainly not common.  The fastest I got any of my 5 characters from 90-100 was probably 3-4 days.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've speed leveled every expansion getting multiple realm firsts, 5 hours from 90-100 isn't normal by any means. My first level 90-100 (Elemental Shaman) took around 22 hours since I didn't play the Beta and didn't know all the changes that were made since Wrath. However going through that 1st time on the shaman learning the questing areas and what was efficient and what wasn't helped me plan out a route that cut down my time immensely.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin