Forums are back in action! ×

After three months of yoga, today I did a backbend for the first time ever!! You know, the one where you stand up on your hands and feet with your hips in the air? YEAH! I haven't been able to do that since I was like, 8!

I also bent all the way forwards and got my forehead to touch my shins! (With only a little adjustment by my teacher) (shut up, it counts!)

I had to stop myself from yelling in happiness in the middle of class, probably would have messed up some people's zen.

But that's why we have the woot room!

YAAY!

• Like 6

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Awesome!

I'm still working on getting to the crown of my head as part of the progression to that one, and I've been going most weeks since July! :)

I was only feeling confident enough to try it because I'd been lifting weights for a couple of months beforehand which certainly didn't hurt! I wouldn't have had the arm strength or the confidence to give it a crack otherwise. Also my teacher helped me up the first time which was nice of her. xD

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

That's awesome, and it must've felt fantastic!  I wouldn't mind trying out yoga.  I have no idea where to start, though.

Yeah, getting up there was such a thrill! Try and find gentle or beginner classes around your area; surely the gyms around you can point you in the right direction, or maybe a quick google? I just saw a flyer whilst I was wandering around town with my head in the clouds one day. Like it was meant to be! 

It is definitely worth it though, even just for the stretching of your muscles after a weights sesh. I used to get really anxious and stress-heady until I started yoga so It's helped my temperament as well.

If that fails, youtube! Find beginner class videos, or there are a few yoga websites that hold your hand through it all, but it does mean being motivated to teach yourself :P And you don't get the benefit of a teacher correcting your form if it's not great. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Your body would be thankful! Your mind might even get something out of it as well. 

Stonie

They/Them

Woot Woot!!  I've just started yoga and I rekon it'll take about a year before I even attempt something like that!!  How often do you go?

Each day is a new day.  Don't dwell on mistakes or stress about what's to come.  Just breathe and be present.

Wannabe Druid/Assassin

Level 1 - STR: 2 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON:  | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

Embarking on my first challenge - the first step to a happier, healthier me!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41830-rossimelons-is-starting-fresh-and-moving-on-up/

It depends on my schedule; when I started I was doing it 2-3 times a week (before I started doing any other exercise) but now I try to at least go once a week. I do like to go twice though just to keep my body springy and my mind centered. I tend to get quite scattered and mad without at least meditating :P

Stonie

They/Them

That's fantastic! Congrats on your back bend! I've been thinking about starting to practice yoga. It sounds like an excellent way to work mind and body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkq

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson