Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Hey guys I've been playing for about a week I was hoping there was a Nerd Fitness Clan going on =) going to search for you now... wish I could a screen shot =P I'm failing at my android tonight

On my Android, I long press the recent apps button to take a screenshot. I had to go into settings and check a checkbox to make it work.

• Like 1

Wtf?!?! They can suddenly just jump over my walls?!?!

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Umm... then why have walls? I don't understand

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Sigh... I have neither

How do I defend myself then? I'm getting my butt kicked

Spoiler

Place your town hall outside of your defenses, but within eye sight. When that gets destroyed you get a 12hr shield. Also, attack people but use 1 troop and then surrender. Try to keep your trophies under 500. This is my village so you can see what I mean about the town hall.

Edit: if you're trying to max your trophies, don't listen to me. But you'll pull level 60+ players. I use this technique to build my base up and protect my resources.

y4ebade6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Fahq a reference to erfworld?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I did some rearranging... there is no open space... this is usually the point in games like this where I get frustrated and give up...

Sigh

Posted Image

Spoiler

Why would you attach people use one troop and surrender? And I've no idea how my trophies got so high... I don't fight much

Spoiler

Is Fahq a reference to erfworld?

Negative.  Just a guild that my old coworker made.  He and I are the sole members.  Just means F*ck you.  Although if erfworld is LoL related, then that may be where he got it.

I did some rearranging... there is no open space... this is usually the point in games like this where I get frustrated and give up...

Sigh

zy6a2ezy.jpg

Put your barracks and army camps outside of the wall to give you room.  They hold no resources and when if you place them in strategic areas, EG: Along the south west wall, if they spawn troops there, they will attack those before getting to your walls and give your defenses(which is that lonely cannon) more time to deal damage to their troops.  Also pay attention to the range(that little ring that's generated when you select a defense unit) and make sure you have good coverage.  And make sure you don't have any large gaps as that will allow people to spawn WITHIN your walls.

Why , would you attach people use one troop and surrender? And I've no idea how my trophies got so high... I don't fight much

When you lose a match, you lose trophies.  Right now if I were to attack someone, it would pit me up against a level 20ish player.  If I send one troop that's "battle" and then I surrender, I'll lose trophies.  Usually anywhere from 15-25.  The lower your trophies, the lower the target on your head.  At least from the big dogs where a single dragon will wipe you out.  And whenever it says "Your defense won", you GAIN trophies.  Which is why it'll start to climb quite a bit.

Place your town hall outside of your defenses, but within eye sight. When that gets destroyed you get a 12hr shield. Also, attack people but use 1 troop and then surrender. Try to keep your trophies under 500. This is my village so you can see what I mean about the town hall. Edit: if you're trying to max your trophies, don't listen to me. But you'll pull level 60+ players. I use this technique to build my base up and protect my resources. Posted ImageSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All your things look so foreign! I spent like half an hour trying to get rid of trophies... because I'm just not as advanced as people who attack me! Well work on rearranging again later today when I'm really awake

Spoiler

Jenn you have way more trophies than me. I feel like I need to invest more time in this game.

probably ;)

Spoiler

I just downloaded this over the weekend. I keep running up against resource shortages and I have 0 walls. I'm still trying to figure out how things work. Right now I'm upgrading a bunch of things and then hopefully I'll be pillaging and stockpiling resources. I just started upgrading my gold storage but I need to upgrade my town hall, but alas, I must wait :(

And joining the NF clan if I ever get my castle built!

Oops, forgot. I'm on iPhone.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Biggest thing I recommend is reading the newb guides on the wikia.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

so... 

is there also a way to plan on the real computer?? or just the phone... I hate the small screen :(

Spoiler

Posted Image

Spoiler