Forums are back in action! ×

Day 1 again!

I decided to post a woot instead of feeling embarassed and ashamed that I fell off the wagon after three weeks. The first three weeks of December, I lost 6 pounds and felt amazing being on track. Then the winter break came with all the family dinners and treat days, I ultimately fell back into my old eating habits.

Sometimes I feel like I'm climbing a steep, slippery uphill to a mountain and one wrong step I'm back at the bottom of the mountain. I realize now that what matters is that I keep climbing no matter what and learning where to step so I don't make the wrong steps in the same places.

Three weeks was probably the longest I have stuck to a diet, so I am definitely proud of that. To all the rebels out there, one day, one week or even one month of messing up is not failure if you keep trying to and keep trying to improve and learn from your mistakes. Every millisecond is a perfect time to make a new decision and new choices for the better.

I know very well how hard it can be.  I have started over more times than I can even track.  But the thing that matters in my mind is that I keep getting up and going at it again, striving only for consistency.  "Fall down seven times, stand up eight".  That was a quote that I often heard in my years of martial arts training (from which I am long removed).  But I think it is always something good to keep in mind.  Never stop working towards your goals.  

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee