Forums are back in action! ×

Back to school!!

I just finished registering today to return to veterinary school as a part time student.  I left school last November for a number of reasons.  I had to get major sinus surgery, but the main reason was due to an episode of clinical depression I was fighting.  I ended up in the hopsital multiple times, and the anti-anxiety meds alone made it impossible to concentrate.  I couldn't sit alone with my thoughts for more than 10 seconds, much less sit down and try to study.  So after discussing the issue with my advisor we decided the best course of action was to take a year to get my life back on track and attend a lot of counseling.  

I worked part time security throughout the year, but mostly it was a time of introspection, reading, and journaling.  And it was very good for me.  I realized life does not always go the way we had planned.  And we have to learn to simply roll with the punches and make the absolute best of the situation at hand.  

After a lot of paperwork and emails, I am finally registered and ready to go.  I am both excited and scared.  I already have my undergraduate degree, but veterinary school is an entirely different beast.  I feel that it is better to be a little apprehensive and hit the ground running as opposed to being overconfident and falling behind.  I am only starting part time, so I will still have time to get in the all important workouts (which are essential to maintaining my mental health).  I know a lot of times we tend to focus on fitness/athletics/general health, but I feel this development is worthy of a woot room post!  Overall I feel we are just seeking to level up our lives in any way possible, and this is certainly a step in the right direction.  

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

That's wonderful. I always wanted to be a vet. What a wonderful career.

Each day is a new day.  Don't dwell on mistakes or stress about what's to come.  Just breathe and be present.

Wannabe Druid/Assassin

Level 1 - STR: 2 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON:  | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

Embarking on my first challenge - the first step to a happier, healthier me!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41830-rossimelons-is-starting-fresh-and-moving-on-up/