Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all. Found the site last night. Allot of good information to absorb. My name is Bolverk (Fred) I'm from Portland. A little back story:

Ok. So my wife asks if our scale made the move. I told her i hadn't scene it so i doubt it. Fast forward a year and change, I'm trying to drill a hole for a access point i just bought to get it into the basement. When i see a box i haven't gone though. Bam, scale! Awesome. Toss some battery's in it. (it's one with profiles) And low and behold hers and mine are still there. Awesome! I click my profile and stand on it. 231 lbs. Wow.... i thought i was like 200, maybe 210 at best. 231 lbs. So i apparently am this thing called "Fat". I know, i didn't realize it either! But i should do SOMETHING about it i guess. So I looked online and found some workouts. I will be posting more on here. Hopefully keeping my self accountable. I didn't even tell Jenna i was going to do this till today. (Because, to be honest getting up at 545 to go run, not my idea of fun, and there was a high chance i would be like "Naw... I'll start next week") But i did it. And you can watch my progress here. https://www.zombiesrungame.com/Bolverk/5k/ I'm doing the training for a 5k as it's good for beginners. My only issue is i didn't look at what play list it pulled the music from. Classical. Ok, i dig that. But i found out quickly the songs are long (upwards of 7 mins) AND, i only have 2 in that play list. so 40 mins of the same 2 songs was no fun. But the app is pretty cool. Sets up a story and why your running ect. It diffidently helped. When the zombie was "closing in" i don't think i have ever ran that fast.... (grant it, it was 1/2 a block, but hey this is my first time "running" since high school.) So yeah. Exorcizing. Next step. Looking at my diet. As i sit at work eating a package of almonds, and a pair of hard boiled eggs.

Sadly i haven't figured out my goals yet. I know i want better sleep. I have an issue where when i do go to sleep, it feels like i idematly open my eyes and it's morning. No "rested" feeling at all. So i'm hoping running will cure that. Also i just want to drop weight and panths sizes. Being 5'9 and 230 puts me at a size 38 waist in my jeans. And that, is REALLY depressing. So i hope by posting here, and facebook that i will keep this up. Maybe even get down to 140 where i should be. I guess it's the start of an adventure.