Forums are back in action! ×

It's been a Year

I started to get serious about shedding some extra weight a year ago as of yesterday; I am down just over 53 pounds.

I started Strong Lifts almost 11 months ago; I am now squatting 235, benching 200, OHP 135, and deadlifting 295.

I also celebrated my 38th birthday 3 weeks ago.

Not too bad!

• Like 2

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

Man, I am glad you posted this! Congratulations on an awesome year and accomplishment! This is the inspiration that I need right now.

I started doing SL 5x5 back at the beginning of November. Your numbers are just the kind of numbers I want. I think I somehow thought at first that I could continue losing and still get there fast. If I could be down that much by next January, and progress to those numbers, I would be thrilled. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Super Destroyer!

Progress does get difficult after you've been losing weight for a while. I was actually 16 pounds lighter at the end of October. My lifts were stalling; I was struggling to break 200 on my squat, my bench was stuck at 187.5, and the most I had deadlifted for reps was 275 for 4 in August. I really want to improve upon the 725 combined total I posted during the fall lifting meet, so I decided to eat more. I am pretty happy with the results, though I definitely have a bit more to lose this spring :rolleyes-new: .

BtW, your progress in your pics is fabulous!

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth