Forums are back in action! ×

Follow your dreams - share your dream

So yeah, I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I guess it is.

As far as I know everyone has a dream in their life. Most of us have been having dreams about when we would be grown-ups... What are your dreams for your life? And if you don't have a dream at this moment, what were your dreams as a child for your life? And are your dreams achievable?

My dreams as a child were:

- to be filthy rich xD (who didn't have that dream?) so I could pay for things for my family and buy them nice things

- to ride a motorbike 

- to have a job where I could play around and do awesome stuff

My dreams now are:

- to ride a motorbike (which I'm going to take lessons for this spring)

- to become a film director and to direct at least one Marvel film 

- to become filthy rich and pay for awesome things for my family

- to have an awesome partner with who I can have serious conversations but also the derpiest moments in history

So when I look at all of that, I don't think my dreams are weird or unthinkable, apart from the filthy-rich-one. xD The rest is actually achievable, which is awesome! 

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

I have always wanted to:

~Be invited onto the Muppet Show

~Start a show like the Muppet Show

~Become the next Mr. Rogers

I think these are obtainable.  I just need to create the opportunities for them.  

tumblr_mna1ghGTPP1qd81gqo4_250.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I have always wanted to:

I think these are obtainable.  I just need to create the opportunities for them.  

Oh cool! Do you already have some puppets? :D Maybe you can do something with that! Or you make fan-art of the Muppets until you get invited, hahaha! Do you already have some plans in mind to achieve these dreams? :3

I wanted to have a variety show like they did.  Invite guests, and just have a good time.  

Right now, my clowning is the best way I can think of to achieve these goals.  I have to groom my acts and come up with some good material for younger audiences.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I have always wanted to:

tumblr_mna1ghGTPP1qd81gqo4_250.gif

Start on Youtube... if it's good, hell I'd even watch it. Some of my favorite channels started simple and evolved into what they are today. Slo Mo guys went to GE, Epic Rap battles had Snoop Dog, Smarter Every Day has been all over etc....

As for my dreams as a kid I went from astronaut to scientist to monster truck driver and video game designer. Now being in electrical engineering school, I'm finding that it's 17 flavors of awesome and in the end my dream now is to simply be able to provide for my family, whether it's just me and my wife, or if kids show up...

Having a fun career would be great, but my family would be first.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I wanted to have a variety show like they did.  Invite guests, and just have a good time.  

Right now, my clowning is the best way I can think of to achieve these goals.  I have to groom my acts and come up with some good material for younger audiences.  

Clowning? As in, telling jokes or something? I don't really know what clowning is, but it sounds fun. :P See if you can indeed get some acts together and make a little show like that. :)

Start on Youtube... if it's good, hell I'd even watch it. Some of my favorite channels started simple and evolved into what they are today. Slo Mo guys went to GE, Epic Rap battles had Snoop Dog, Smarter Every Day has been all over etc....

As for my dreams as a kid I went from astronaut to scientist to monster truck driver and video game designer. Now being in electrical engineering school, I'm finding that it's 17 flavors of awesome and in the end my dream now is to simply be able to provide for my family, whether it's just me and my wife, or if kids show up...

Having a fun career would be great, but my family would be first.

I can imagine your family comes first, but if you could really really really wish for ANYTHING! And what if your family would get all the good anyway, what kind of job would you want to have? :) Or what would be one thing that you'd definitely want to do before you die? :D

Yeah, clown who goes to kids birthday parties and the circus.  I juggle, tell (really bad) jokes and simple magic.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, clown who goes to kids birthday parties and the circus.  I juggle, tell (really bad) jokes and simple magic.  

Ooooh! That's cool! But would you dress up yourself for things like that? Or will you just be like yourself?

I wish I could do anything magic, but unfortunately I'm not really good at it. My talents lie somewhere else.

So what kinds of tricks can you do? :D

I can imagine your family comes first, but if you could really really really wish for ANYTHING! And what if your family would get all the good anyway, what kind of job would you want to have? :) Or what would be one thing that you'd definitely want to do before you die? :D

Something inside me still wants to drive a monster truck... at the same time I do have a pretty big love for fireworks and Mythbusters looks like it would be SOOOO much fun... So I guess in a way, through my electronics I'm kind of headed down a Mythbusters like path.

And there's also a school for special effects down south of me that I want to go to.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Something inside me still wants to drive a monster truck... at the same time I do have a pretty big love for fireworks and Mythbusters looks like it would be SOOOO much fun... So I guess in a way, through my electronics I'm kind of headed down a Mythbusters like path.

And there's also a school for special effects down south of me that I want to go to.

Oooh! That sounds really awesome! :) Mythbusters is awesome in itself, so yeah. If you're headed that direction... That's cool!

As for the special effects, you mean with explosions in films 'n such?

Oooh! That sounds really awesome! :) Mythbusters is awesome in itself, so yeah. If you're headed that direction... That's cool!

As for the special effects, you mean with explosions in films 'n such?

Yeah, but I doubt I'd ever get into film, I'd more wanna do it just for the fun of it. I like putting on firework displays and if I could add more to it, I'd be happy.

On that note, I'm currently trying to build one of those image fountains that "print" an image using falling water... :-)

Something along these lines...

My first challenge

Ooooh! That's cool! But would you dress up yourself for things like that? Or will you just be like yourself?

I wish I could do anything magic, but unfortunately I'm not really good at it. My talents lie somewhere else.

So what kinds of tricks can you do? :D

I do dress up.  Before I became a clown, I would just go as an entertainer in street clothes.  

I'm on the far left.  

tumblr_n0ou2fFzrz1skbydco1_500.jpg

My son and I having some fun at the Circus last November.

tumblr_mxndgdXj1p1skbydco1_500.jpg

I mostly stick to the up close magic tricks, a few card tricks and a lot of slight of hands.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Published novelist.  And not finish a manuscript, slap it on createspace and the Kindle store and call myself published.  I'm thinking agent, big publisher, books on bookstore shelves (at least, if bookstores still exist, ha).  I'm still trying to figure out what i want to write, so it's not going to happen for a while, but it's a dream I think is obtainable.  Eventually.

• Like 3

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Published novelist. And not finish a manuscript, slap it on createspace and the Kindle store and call myself published. I'm thinking agent, big publisher, books on bookstore shelves (at least, if bookstores still exist, ha). I'm still trying to figure out what i want to write, so it's not going to happen for a while, but it's a dream I think is obtainable. Eventually.

Basically the same. I want to walk into a book store and see my name in big shiny letters on the cover of a book in the new releases section. Somehow self publishing (despite being great for many very talented authors) just doesn't have the same appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Dreams?

y0yQdmg.jpg

World domination.

LOL Nax hahaha! x'D You're the best, making a picture like that for this. Hahaha! SO much win!

@ The rest: Thank you so much for sharing your dreams here. I always think it's wonderful to think big and you all have such wonderful things to strive for! I think there are definitely lots of dreams here that can come true. :D And that's great to see. I seriously get excited for everyone because they're such cool dreams! :)

When I was a child, I wanted to be in the Army, or a police officer. I joined the Army when I was 17, and did that for about 5 years.

Now that I have been out of the Army for a while, I am currently getting into shape to join the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or Mounties as they are known around the world). That is actually how I came across NF. I was looking for a fitness forum that wasn't so rigid, and where people could have fun, instead of just boasting about reps and sets. 

A quick list of other dreams and desires:

-Scuba diver (completed March 2008)

-Motorbike license (completed August 2012)

-Own my own home (completed August 2011)

-Get my own dog (completed the day after I moved into my own home in August 2011)

-Get my voice into a video game or cartoon... pending...

-Get my voice into a video game or cartoon... pending...

Whoa, that's a cool dream! And pending. Does that mean it's in the proces of happening? As in, close to happening? :D It's great that so far you've been able to make so many dreams come true already. And to join the Mounties sounds cool too. :) What exactly are you supposed to do as a Mounty? (sounds like a combination of mountain and bounty. *giggle* )

Talking about my dream of riding the motorbike. I've had 5 lessons now and so far it's all going well, so that's awesome. W00t!

• Like 1

Whoa, that's a cool dream! And pending. Does that mean it's in the proces of happening? As in, close to happening? :D It's great that so far you've been able to make so many dreams come true already. And to join the Mounties sounds cool too. :) What exactly are you supposed to do as a Mounty? (sounds like a combination of mountain and bounty. *giggle* )

Talking about my dream of riding the motorbike. I've had 5 lessons now and so far it's all going well, so that's awesome. W00t!

Thank you, and pending as in I am trying to figure out how to go about it. I have a very deep and powerful voice, and have done some voice work for the local radio stations here. Only thing is that it comes off a bit nasaly when recorded. It is a work in progress. 

As for the Mounties, they are the national police force in Canada. They do some on the beat policing, but they also investigate all crime, international and domestic. If I am reading Wiki right, they are the Canadian equivalent of your National Police Corps in the Netherlands. 

As for your bike lessons, gratz! Once you are hooked, you are hooked! Welcome to the dark side! :) The only thing I love to do more than go riding is go scuba diving! 

Thank you, and pending as in I am trying to figure out how to go about it. I have a very deep and powerful voice, and have done some voice work for the local radio stations here. Only thing is that it comes off a bit nasaly when recorded. It is a work in progress. 

As for the Mounties, they are the national police force in Canada. They do some on the beat policing, but they also investigate all crime, international and domestic. If I am reading Wiki right, they are the Canadian equivalent of your National Police Corps in the Netherlands. 

As for your bike lessons, gratz! Once you are hooked, you are hooked! Welcome to the dark side! :) The only thing I love to do more than go riding is go scuba diving! 

I suppose you could do some speaking exercises, to decrease the nasal sound. :) It might work. Do you have any recordings on the internet somewhere? I'm curious about your voice now. I'm an animator, or at least... I'm studying animation. So yeah, if there is the opportunity, maybe I could make use of your voice? ^^

Ah right, so just the regular police it is then. You have a fancy name for it in Canada, then. Here we just call the police the police. And then there's some difference between how they move around, like police on horse, motorpolice or just police. And just police would be walking or by car. :P

Hahaha, I was hooked even before I started my lessons. It's a child's dream of mine. But yes, I love it. I never went scuba diving. What's it like? What do you find so fun about it?

I suppose you could do some speaking exercises, to decrease the nasal sound. :) It might work. Do you have any recordings on the internet somewhere? I'm curious about your voice now. I'm an animator, or at least... I'm studying animation. So yeah, if there is the opportunity, maybe I could make use of your voice? ^^

Ah right, so just the regular police it is then. You have a fancy name for it in Canada, then. Here we just call the police the police. And then there's some difference between how they move around, like police on horse, motorpolice or just police. And just police would be walking or by car. :tongue:

Hahaha, I was hooked even before I started my lessons. It's a child's dream of mine. But yes, I love it. I never went scuba diving. What's it like? What do you find so fun about it?

I have no recordings on the web. The voice over dream is a back burner one for right now. 

They are more than just normal police. It is very hard to describe exactly what the RCMP do, as they do a bit of everything. In a country as vast as Canada, there are all kinds of things that need doing. Everything from border security on the Pacific, to organized crime in the cities, to cattle theft investigations on the prairies. 

The name came from the original incarnation of the force. They were called the NWMP (North-West Mounted Police) and were formed back in the 1870s if I remember correctly. And yes, they were originally mounted on horses. Now they do their work in everything from cars, to SUVs, boats to helicopters, horses to motorbikes. 

And scuba diving is amazing. It is an experience that can not be easily related using words. But I will try.

Diving for me is all about quiet, and calm. I get under the water, and my care and troubles don't like to get wet, so they don't come down with me. I get some time where the only things I am worried about are diving related (how much air, where is my partner, what is my bottom time, will I need a decomp, how close can I get to that fish, etc.), and it is so soothing. 

The only sounds you hear is the inhale and exhale of your reg. It sounds like Darth Vader. They actually used a scuba reg to get his rasping sound. Also, the pressure is very calming and comforting. The weightlessness feeling is an amazing thing for me, as I am larger that most people on the planet, and being in zero gravity and having no pain or stress on joints is a wondrous feeling. 

I have always felt more comfortable in water. I am very curious as to what I cant see in front of me, so being able to put my face under the water, and spend time doing that truly satisfies a deep desire in me. 

And scuba diving is amazing. It is an experience that can not be easily related using words. But I will try.

Well I think you did great with that explanation. I actually understand what you mean, even though I've never experienced it myself. Water in general is really nice (unless it's rain or hail) and being underwater is a great feeling. I can imagine it's nice to be able to let your doubts and worries go for a while, not having to think about them. I can only imagine what calmness that must give you. So how close is the closest you've been to a fish? Have you been able to even touch one?

• Like 1

It is very great to be able to forget about your worries, even if only for a little while.

As for fish, I have been VERY close to quite a few different ones. Bull sharks, barracudas, sea turtles, manta rays, lobster, grouper, lionfish to name a few.

I had a seal play with me in about 15m of water in British Columbia.I have taken a ride on a halibut in Alaska. I grabbed the halibuts tail on a night dive, and he took me for a short ride! It was pretty cool!