Forums are back in action! ×

hello nerd fitness world -

I'm katy and am new to this forum (which I realize is somewhat obvious since I'm posting in the "introductions" section).

anywho.  I am a 33yo female looking to find a new approach to fitness.  I have always been an athlete, though that has tapered off as I've gotten older.  I'd had gym memberships but I'd use them for a few weeks and then end up just being one of "those" members that really keeps the gyms in business (paying members that don't use the equipment).

for the past three years, I have been playing roller derby.  I lost a lot of weight and then fell victim to the "I'm going to do cardio for a zillion hours and then eat a piece of lettuce and call it a day" workout plan.  surprisingly enough, I wasn't staying strong and I was tired a lot.  oh, and hungry.  so, after a few binge sessions followed by me feeling badly about myself and going back to the gym for hours at a time, it dawned on me that this wasn't normal or healthy.  I needed to find a sustainable, reliable, effective, and efficient fitness plan.  so, I did research, and 'nerd fitness' kept popping up in my search feed.  I read a lot of entries and lurked on the forum a bit, and have come to really like the methodology and message here.  so, here I am... hoping to make some changes for the better.

while I have an overall goal of finding a better plan, I more specifically want to build muscle and endurance.  roller derby is a fast-paced sport and while it does have a place for most body types, the position I play more often (and the one at which I seek to improve) requires a higher level of physical fitness.  not to mention, we wear spandex leggings and damn if I don't want to look amazing in them.

lastly, I want to start in on the paleo diet.  I plan to give it a try for a month and record my meals and how I'm feeling.  I've never really been on a "diet" before so I know I'll need support and accountability.  not to mention, I'll need recipes.  I love to cook, but since I am still new to the program, I'm learning what is acceptable and what's not and haven't done much in the way of paleo eating yet.

so that's me in a nutshell.  I'm looking forward to continuing to peruse the website and forum for more tips and inspiration.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion and I hope your journey goes well.  There are a lot of great people here who cook Paleo and would be happy to share recipes with you.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge