Forums are back in action! ×

Been kinda blue lately...

And not from a lack of oxygen. I've had to de-load my squats by 40% to fix some technique issues. My bench press also had to be cut down about 30% for the same reason. This has made me think that I'm not progressing enough, I'm not doing my lifts good enough to even be able to make any changes in my fitness, and other generally self-destructive thoughts.

But then...

I was getting ready for bed and had one of those pesky mid-back itches that you just can't quite reach. I reached around my side to attack it, and I felt something. Something I have not felt since.... well ever. And it was not a disturbance in the Force. My lats! I could feel my lats sticking out!

I got into bed, feeling quite a bit better about what I've been spending so much time and energy on. My wife came in, sat down and, completely unsolicited, proceeded to tell me how much of a difference she can see in my physical fitness. She can no longer grab around my arm and make her fingers touch, my belly is hard, and my legs look like (as my wife put it) "the freaking Hulk." It made me realize I haven't been wasting my time. I AM changing my life for the better. I AM getting stronger and looking better as a result.

So I just want to give a big shout out to everyone that has helped me along. This is pretty much everyone on NF. There are so many inspiring stores and awesome advice, I'm not sure how I thought I could fail. Thanks again to everybody! :)

• Like 2

It's amazing how good you can feel after a single comment... takes all the days frustrations, and makes em go *POOF*

and grats on the lats...

and the rest, I just like the rhyming...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)