Forums are back in action! ×

I'll take "Potent Potables" for $200, Alex

Sorry to hear that...sad news is never good...

Not sure I tried Big Rock when I was otu there, is it national or provincial?  Pretty sure I did see it in a few bars...I still love Granville Island...I've got a can saved for my wedding day

Thanks, it's true that sad news is never good.

Big Rock is national, I think, but it's brewed in Calgary, so it's everywhere in Calgary. Trad and Grasshopper are their more famous ones so they might have had those in some of the bars you went to. 

I do love Granville Island stuff, but saw the sad news that they were bought by Molson a little while ago :( 

• Like 1

Ah well done. 

Oh, forgot to mention my brother in law's wedding a couple weeks ago that was Beer Festival Themed. It mainly featured beer from the Billericay Brewing company (Billericay Blonde, Billericay Dickie, Dead Zeppelin & Festival Beer) as well as the Twickenham Brewery (Naked Ladies, Sundancer & Grandstand). The couple gave everyone a commemorative pint glass that had their names on it and stuff. Needless to say, I tried them all, and made sure I tried them again, just for quality control purposes...

• Like 2

Hey Guzzi!  

Where you been?

I know, I've been letting the side down, huh?  I've been otherwise occupied, being all soppy and girlie, gazing adoringly at my "boyfriend".  It's quite pathetic! :P

One of the boy's few faults is that he just doesn't appreciate proper beer.  It's quite funny, we went out for dinner at a pub the other night and, since it was nice, we sat outside in the sunshine.  It's a date so I'm all dolled up - pretty dress, high heels, make-up, the works.  The waiter brought out our drinks out to the table for us, sits the rum and coke in front of me, and the pint of ale in front of my bf.  You should have seen the guys face when we both just leaned across the table and swapped drinks.  Priceless!

That is bloody awesome!

I managed to talk our venue into getting Sierra Nevada IPA in for me to drink for my wedding in 4 weeks!

Oh my God! That is soooo cool! *highfive*

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

If ultra-running is as hard as farm planting, then it's not that bad.  I've had six or seven strong drinks while doing farm planting, starting around noon (or 11am if it's a particularly hot day), and I've sweated through them pretty much as fast as I could drink them.  I felt not the slightest alcoholic effects, as long as I was still planting.  I assume people in BETTER shape than me, RUNNING, could manage that. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

That's MY kind of running club! :D

Took the inlaws out for dinner last night to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary. The menu was shite, the food mediocre, but they had over 30 varieties of gin, and had Innes & Gunn ON TAP!!!

We'll be going back there...

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I feel the need to make you all aware that THIS is a thing - and it is AMAZING.

zombie_cropped.jpg

Why did I have to look at this thread, see the most awesome beverage ever, and then find out that I can't get it?

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Why did I have to look at this thread, see the most awesome beverage ever, and then find out that I can't get it?

That company makes several types of mead, but in my opinion one of the better ones! mead is very hard to find, but is becoming more common. if you have any wine or beer specialty stores in your area i would start there and ask if they have any mead if they do this would be found there (sadly is also mixed in with the hard ciders despite it is more of a wine despite it is brewed like a beer)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

We have a Total Wine here, which is the biggest specialty place, and they did not have it, thing is, I can't find it anywhere, not online, not on amazon, their store locator doesn't say they even sell in my state on the company's website. I know I can find Mead, just not that brand of mead.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

I have a total Wines (or something really close to it) here and ive found some of the brands other meads, and the capital ale house had the zombie killer at one point in time.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Hashers ARE Global, so there's probably a chapter near you

http://www.hhh.org.uk/

I'm not having a good time right now, if I could even walk to the pub I'd be happy. Running there will have to remain a fantasy for the moment. *sniff sniff*