Forums are back in action! ×

In desperate need of a buddy! :)

Alright so if you've seen me around at all here on NF you know that I'm the on again off again kind of person. I'll decide I want to be healthy and it will last for a couple of days, maybe even a couple of weeks and then one little thing will throw me off and I'll lose hope and give up. My weakness? Food. I freakin LOVE food! Especially carbs. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't be able to live without pasta, mashed potatoes, etc. 

But here's the thing. I've realized that eating close to 3000 calories a day is preventing me from doing the things I love and as long as I keep at it I'll never be fit enough to do parkour or run a 5k without stopping.

Exercise is not really an issue for me, for the most part I actually enjoy it. My downfall always seems to be overeating.

Which brings me here. The most successful attempt at weight loss I've ever had was when my work did a biggest loser competition. I put in $5 a week and the winner got it all at the end. I lost 40lbs (and have since gained it all back since dieting is a lifestyle choice, not a temporary fix.)

Second most successful attempt was when I had my mom as a weight loss buddy.(lost about 17lbs but we both slacked off once I left for college)

What do these two things have in common? Accountability.

I'm looking for someone to be best buds with. We can check in on each other every day(preferably through either facebook or texting)and keep each other in check. Anyone up for the challenge? (speaking of challenge we'd be doing the next 6 week challenge.)

I also forgot to mention that while I'm at school my only source of food is the dining halls which happens to be one of the best in the country. We have four buffet style halls that have both healthy options and some really good not-so-healthy options, BUT on that note we also have a free 4 floor gym on campus. Just a note. :)

• Like 4

Mrgso, level 1 Hobbit adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

I'd love to be your accountability partner! I'm 25, female, married and from Michigan. I work from home in Internet Marketing so have the time to try different recipes that are healthy and easy to cook. I'm also a carb lover, but have managed my cravings by eating only good carbs, creating alternate versions of my favorite carb heavy meals, and giving myself one cheat day a week. I don't think carbs are the enemy; I just think they need to be managed. I workout 6 days a week... Running and weights and also love Disney movies. :)

• Like 1

i'm willing to help as well. one of my best friends isn't on here and we check in on each other daily to help keep one another motivated. personally, the things i miss the most consistently from the carb world are pizza and my father's home made tacos.  

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -