Forums are back in action! ×

I've got a new job!

So I utterly failed at my warrior challenge, and I think I'm going to stop weightlifting. I like working out but I hate going to the gym when its all busy and I feel like I don't fit in. I'll think on this...

But! We've been told we're going to be made redundant at the end of this month (or move to Belfast with our jobs, which is a bit far for me). However.... I've got a new job! A month today I start with Ecotricity, a renewable energy provider. Its a little bit of a pay cut, and a longer commute but I've wanted to work with Ecotricity for years and can really see myself with a career there :D and I don't have to wear a shirt!

To this end, I'm going to teach myself how to ride a bike so I can cycle to the train station. This is a challenge but exciting. I don't drive so a bike would give me more freedom around town.

New job w00t and avoiding unemployment w00t! :D

• Like 2

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Congratulations!

Running would be ok.

If you have Sunrise or Sunset at the time you go to the station: Walk!

It's a very special energy you might want to meditate about ;)

• Like 1

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Fantastic news!  It's so much better to work for a company you like.  Did you have to wear a shirt for the interview?

I wore a suit, shaved my beard off and took out my facial piercing (through the bridge of my nose) and then found my interviews all super casual and that Ecotricity have no dress code.

Oh, i walked from home to station on saturday. Google maps said 35 mins, i did it in 20-25. So easily joggable.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None