Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

My son is playing video games!  :triumphant:

That would not normally be cause for celebration but he has severe autism doesn't sit long enough to learn how to play a game and struggles to learn new complex skills. After watching his twin brother play for years, he finally got the hang of it and is actually playing Mario cart 8 for the past 10 minutes! :highly_amused:  

• Like 8

On Friday I went out for a type of reunion, with a bunch of the old freaks and weirdos.  About 50 of us, mostly oldschool goth and punk types that used to run together got together.  Easily a dozen made similar comments to me.

"Damn man, you've really trimmed down in some areas and *pats chest* beefed up in others!"

It felt freaking great.

Also, I wore a utility kilt of mine that I used to wear all the time.  Since the last time I wore it, it's gone from tight in the mid section to so loose that it would have fallen off if I didn't have a belt as tight as it would go!

• Like 5

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Plates three ands four (and soup) I heart this restaurant so much

7ujada9u.jpg

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

they always look at me weird... because I get stuff from the salad section (radishes, olives, tomatoes, spinach sometimes) to put in my stirfry.... AND they know me by now that I will make them recook it if they put anything other than hot oil or garlic ;) (I don't know if their sauces are gluten free and they don't speak english well enough to understand the question) 

but the tea is hot and never ending (and FREE) and lunch is about 8$.... and I never leave hungry.... that makes me smile! I hate leaving a restaurant still hungry

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

This one is a two-parter, and not a video... so a while back I wrote about my graduation into the next level of nerdom with my first purchase of a deck of Magic cards. It took a few weeks, but I managed to find a game-store that was willing to teach me how to play and yesterday was my second day of play, and my first time playing commander, which apparently gets rediculous...

Part 1:

I will preface this by saying the other people in the game were taking it easy on me...

So I'm playing a red-white-green deck that I borrowed, and there's 3 others, one had a black-blue-something, one had blue-white-something and I don't recall the 4th, mainly because those two were going back and forth. At one point we ended up having to draw 20 cards, and one guy had a 146/146 creature that had all of us aiming for it, I had "Where Ancients Tread (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Where+Ancients+Tread)" down on the table and that was pretty much my only source of damage since everyone was pretty stacked and any of my attacks would get blocked hard, as a result my focus was on getting as many big creatures out as I could, and was slowly whittling away at the other players. I played a "Wrath of the Gods (Board Wipe)" and managed to get the 146/146 off the table... along with everything else but my ancients card, unfortunately  it ended up back on the table and sitting at 116/116 or somewhere up there. So this guy nukes the other two players, and it ends up my turn, I'm looking down the barrel of a one shot, and with some creative use of mana get another creature out and get him down to 4... with one more creature I can win, I have the creature in my hand and there's three of us looking at my deck trying to see if there's a way, and alas... I went down in one shot.

At that point I went and bought my own deck (red-white-green), and dice... so I can at least kind of feel like I belong now. :-)

Part 2:

The fact that I'm sitting here, typing up a story about an epic match of Magic... that's not something I thought I'd ever be doing.

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

My son ran the Storm The Hill 5k course this morning for the first time.  I say ran, but after the first quarter there was no more run left in him.  He slowed down bit by bit over the rest of the course, with me walking backwards in front of him, urging him to keep up, to swing his legs a bit faster, to take slightly bigger steps, to take deeper breaths, not to let himself give up (at his request... I wasn't just sprinting around him, being a dick).  Anyways, he came in at 54min 58sec, which was considerably worse than he thought he'd do, but considerably better than I thought he'd do. I guess that's a compromise!  I'm proud of him for sticking with it, even if he was getting really angry and upset by the end (though that all became joy and relief when I said "OK, you can stop running!")

He has big dreams, big goals, endless optimism... but also a body that betrays him every step of the way (literally) and a frustration tolerance that a flatworm couldn't limbo under.  So proud of him today, though. 

• Like 6

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Quality time with my patio 2 days in a row, even though the weather is fighting me every step of the way... Also, this:

http://m.instructables.com/id/Sea-Fun-A-Live-Paper-Toy-By-Basic-Electronic-Mod/

...especially note #2 under the first picture.

I want to shake crap!

...but maybe not enough to get into electrical engineering as a hobby.

DO EET!.... I electrical engineering is SO much fun. It's quite literally an endless journey....

If you do proceed down that path, may I recommend, looking into Arduino.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

DO EET!.... I electrical engineering is SO much fun. It's quite literally an endless journey....

If you do proceed down that path, may I recommend, looking into Arduino.

Well... I can't risk making the yarn jealous! Although, since I saw your graphic water wall thing, I've been thinking what a cool aquarium background could be made... Hmmm...

Well... I can't risk making the yarn jealous! Although, since I saw your graphic water wall thing, I've been thinking what a cool aquarium background could be made... Hmmm...

The yarn will understand, much like a relationship, you need separate time. :-)

I could some up with some pretty cool stuff, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

My first challenge