Forums are back in action! ×

A fellow nerd pokes her head out from lurking...

Hi, I’m Britne, and I’m a nerd!

I can’t believe that this awesome community exists - I stumbled across it while looking for some different free weight exercises to add to my routine. I’ve been lurking and reading ever since and am excited to start my first challenge next week! Wooo!

I’ve been leveling up my life for a little while now - I've been doing Weight Watchers since 10/01/13 and have lost 42 pounds so far (I started at 218, and am currently 176 - go me! :welcoming: ). I actually like counting points for my food and exercise; it’s like a mini-game for my life. Plus I love that it’s not just another fad diet where you cut out one food group or starve yourself or spend a fortune on special food; I’ve learned a lot about good nutrition, managing my portion sizes, and making better food choices. Reading more about Paleo, I realize that I often cook some close-to-Paleo meals for dinner, and I’m excited to add some new recipes to my routine. I've only in the past few years discovered a love of cooking, so I often handle dinner for the boyfriend and myself. (Plus, it tricks him into eating a bit healthier too! :chuncky: )

I make it to the gym about 4-5 times a week. My employer has a small gym on-site, so I get in a quick 30-40 minute workout on my lunch to break up the day, but that sometimes gets thwarted by meetings or lunch outings. I try to make up workouts after work or on the weekends… but I don’t let one missed workout throw me off track - I just get back to it the next day! My usual gym routine consists of 20+ mins of cardio (treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, etc.) plus strength training after (alternating days of different muscle groups so I still have rest periods). I usually do a yoga class once a week too. I get bored easily so I mix things up a lot - and I can’t wait until it warms up and I can walk/run outside again! I love hiking and disc golfing and it’s just about warm (and dry!) enough to get out in the woods again soon.

Whew! That’s enough about me for now. Off to write my challenge goals! I can't wait to meet more awesome nerds around here!

• Like 6

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 0.5 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Current Challenge: britne's newbie quest!

About me | Find me: RunKeeper | WeightTraining | DGCourseReview | GeocachingSteam | tumblr | Clash of Clans: Melisende

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one." - The Eleventh Doctor

Goal: Lose 68 pounds (from 218.6 to 150) - Currently: 170.2 - Progress:

71.2%
71.2%

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here!

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 0.5 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Current Challenge: britne's newbie quest!

About me | Find me: RunKeeper | WeightTraining | DGCourseReview | GeocachingSteam | tumblr | Clash of Clans: Melisende

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one." - The Eleventh Doctor

Goal: Lose 68 pounds (from 218.6 to 150) - Currently: 170.2 - Progress:

71.2%
71.2%