Forums are back in action! ×

kzacher/Lesok's journal to defeat demons

30 mins of 1 min intervals squat(hold) 

These things are awesome and brutal at the same time.  One of the Masters I'm learning from has challenged the Apprentices to do a squat hold (called Horse Stance) for 10 minutes!  I'm not even close yet.  It's brutal.  Impressive work for you man!!  Especially coming off strep.  That's some major badassery there. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

These things are awesome and brutal at the same time.  One of the Masters I'm learning from has challenged the Apprentices to do a squat hold (called Horse Stance) for 10 minutes!  I'm not even close yet.  It's brutal.  Impressive work for you man!!  Especially coming off strep.  That's some major badassery there

thanks man. the longest wall sit(it's close to a squat hold) i've ever done was 18 min and 47 sec. it was terrible i'm not sure how long i can do a squat hold for... i may have to try it now lol

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

9/4: 1.5 hours of light shadow sparring and combination work on bag and strike mitts.

30 mins of what i've decided to call "murdertrain"

person 1 stands to the side rest of the team is jogging in place. teammate 1 sprints the length of the mat and back then delivers four strikes to person one's body or legs. then teammate 2 goes and so on, until everyone on the team gets done. then person 2 stands to the side etc.

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

You know I couldn't ever let this one slip

haha i hoped you wouldn't

i actually had that song in my head while i was jogging in place

Murdertrain sounds like a perfect fit for this.  Congrats, you're killing it.

or getting killed in the process :P

• Like 3

soooooo, exercise last week, as well as diet, were both left on the back burner. had two different family emergencies happen hours apart when my sister and grandmother were both taken to the hospital. hence, my absence from the boards. 

Ouch. Hope they're both ok

thanks, they're doing much better now. still waiting on some lab results. it was a very stressful week to say the least. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  Hoping they make a full recovery.  Were the trips related?  Or just unusual timing? 

so they went in for virtually the same thing, about 7 hours apart. just eerily unusual timing

9/15/14: Grappling class

30 mins of practicing Double Leg, Single Leg, and High Crotch take downs

30 mins of hip toss to side control, bottom guy reestablishes guard

40 mins of hard rolling in 6 min rounds, alternating partners. 

9/16/14:

kickboxing class

10 mins of shadow boxing. 4-5 min bag work drills

6- 5 min rounds of sparring

1- 5 min round of mma style sparring.

and 1 broken toe :P

Just checking in, I hope the family are all ok.

Broken toe? Yours?

Your fighting practise is still insane! :)

Family is doing better...still not sure what caused everything. Doctors haven't given us much information sadly.

Taking a page out of Teros' injury book, there?

Hoping it wasn't your toe that got broken, right? Right?

It was totally my toe haha

My last two rounds of sparring happened after the break. Kinda paid for that today

Ouch! Looks like a solid time right up until this part.

Yeah, it didn't finish me off though. Maybe it should have. Walking was a task today lol[emoji12]

9/18:

1 mile jog, 50 lunges(25 per leg), 1 3 min round of shadowboxing.

Deadlifts: all sets ten reps

95, 135, 185, 205 ---> apparently wearing shoes you normally wouldn't deadlift in will cause you to pull a muscle in your back... just fyi

OHP: all sets ten reps

65, 85, 105 ---> i discovered how difficult this was with a sharp pain in your lower back. after this i opted to stop the work out, and not participate in striking class. so instead i laid in bed for the next 2.5 days 

feeling mostly better now though. taking today and tomorrow off, as i'm the best man in a wedding, and will resume training tuesday

taking things super easy this week. be back to training tomorrow. now that my back is finally starting to feel better just trying to make sure i don't over do anything

• Like 1

9/25: 1.5 hour striking class

did a bit of sparring and back started bothering me again, so i took the rest of the class and weekend off to make sure i didn't overdo anything. feeling antsy now.... minus the fogginess from lack of carbs today. 

• Like 1

time to get back on the horse. plan is to do grappling class today, striking tuesday and thursday, and jog plus some body weight stuff friday or saturday. let's see if i'm biting off too much this week haha

Great-White-Shark-10.jpg

• Like 1

9/29: Grappling class

1.5 hour class working on getting out from the bottom. both from guard, half guard, half butterfly, and full butterfly. worked on several different sweep techniques as well as tried one i'd been wanting to attempt for a while now. then did about 45 mins of free rolling

prior to class personal warm up 

100 jumping jacks

50 push ups

25 body weight squats

1 plank for 1.5 mins.