Forums are back in action! ×

Introverts, Social Misfits and the Terror of Talking to People

My flirting skills: Jon Snow

Dead, and quite often messily.

53310047.jpg

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS. I AM LITERALLY THE REAL LIFE SUE SUE HECK.

images.jpeg

A coworker of mine just went to Europe on vacation, and she brought back some souvenirs. She got me a bookmark, and someone else a shot glass. Both of these gifts are very appropriate to our persons respectively, because I love reading and Shot Glass Guy just turned 21. So I said "It's cool that you got these based on our personalities and hobbies", my mind being on my bookmark because reading is, in fact, a hobby. But then I realized...

Shot glass = drinking.

Drinking =/= hobby.

the-middle-e13.jpg

I was (and still am) absolutely MORTIFIED that that even came out of my mouth!!! ALDFKHESOIDHEF

I sent an email because I was too horrified to actually speak to this guy, saying how sorry I was and how I didn't mean it that way. And then during my lunch break, I hid in the break room where I was (mercifully) alone, and cried and ate my lunch. And then I went and hid in a lounge in a nearby building and read a book to distract myself, because the logic half of me knew it wasn't that big of a deal, but I couldn't get over it.

Luckily Shot Glass Guy has a good sense of humor; he and Europe Girl thought it was hilarious.

This whole exchange, though, just impressed upon me how alike Sue Sue Heck and I are.

11abf9cb5563e5520e25d39e7eb80675.jpg

(That's not a bad thing, necessarily. I really like Sue. I just bemoan how awko-taco we both are. :P)

OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS. I AM LITERALLY THE REAL LIFE SUE SUE HECK.

images.jpeg

A coworker of mine just went to Europe on vacation, and she brought back some souvenirs. She got me a bookmark, and someone else a shot glass. Both of these gifts are very appropriate to our persons respectively, because I love reading and Shot Glass Guy just turned 21. So I said "It's cool that you got these based on our personalities and hobbies", my mind being on my bookmark because reading is, in fact, a hobby. But then I realized...

Shot glass = drinking.

Drinking =/= hobby.

the-middle-e13.jpg

I was (and still am) absolutely MORTIFIED that that even came out of my mouth!!! ALDFKHESOIDHEF

I sent an email because I was too horrified to actually speak to this guy, saying how sorry I was and how I didn't mean it that way. And then during my lunch break, I hid in the break room where I was (mercifully) alone, and cried and ate my lunch. And then I went and hid in a lounge in a nearby building and read a book to distract myself, because the logic half of me knew it wasn't that big of a deal, but I couldn't get over it.

Luckily Shot Glass Guy has a good sense of humor; he and Europe Girl thought it was hilarious.

This whole exchange, though, just impressed upon me how alike Sue Sue Heck and I are.

11abf9cb5563e5520e25d39e7eb80675.jpg

(That's not a bad thing, necessarily. I really like Sue. I just bemoan how awko-taco we both are. :tongue:)

I too feel a kinship with Sue Heck. It actually made me a little uncomfortable when I first noticed it, but I do love her.

And honestly, plenty of drinking is a hobby. I have wine books and corks and empty bottles on my bookshelf. Plenty of people are beer aficionados these days. So, even if just-turned-21 isn't exactly a hobby, I don't think any real meaning could be taken from it.

Against my better judgement I completed one of those quiz-things to see which Myers-Briggs personality I am.  I logged the result but didn't pay it much mind until I came across this link on Facebook that suggested where you should live based on your personality type...

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/02/heres-where-you-should-live-based-on-your-myers-briggs-personality-type/

INTJ – Seattle, USA

As the most highly educated and most literate city in the United States, Seattle offers an ideal fit for the cerebral INTJ. This type is open-minded yet guarded, curious yet hesitant and private yet deeply intrigued by all aspects of the human experience. Seattle itself offers similar contrasts: It is progressive yet secluded, wealthy yet humble and urban yet environmentally conscious. INTJs find themselves perfectly at home in this progressive city, as the science and technology fields attract NT types in hordes. This means they have an ideal peer group to share thoughts, ideas and theories with. Plus the gloomy weather tends to drive people indoors, so the INTJ is free to shut themselves away to work on their latest project.

I hate it when these silly assessments are entirely accurate and right on the money... but I hate it even more when they make me sound like such a bloody hipster!

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

... go eat your bacon

Just plain bacon.  Nothing artisan, free range organic, or otherwise fancy.  I need to shed some points in +Hipster apparently.

If you want we can play Hipster bingo, the one who gets more points win.

I'm frightened by the potential revelations I might face, but I'm so there!

Okay here we go (notice I had something else on my mind but this is the best I could find)5326874151_2280968d43_b.jpg

I got

Plaid

Beard

V-neck

Beanie (when it's cold)

I got

Chucks

black framed glasses

side bangs

iPhone

beard (on some days)

+

overt part in hair (not on list)

Fuck...  I'm cool.   Gotta change again

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

They missed out on so many potential hipsterisms.  Nothing about artisan food/beer/coffee, sustainable/green/free trade products, or music, really.

Anyways, I scored on:

• Beard
  • Plaid
  • Bicycle.

The usual accusations I get revolve around my beard and undercut hairdoo, propensity for wearing plaid, and preference toward craft beer.  So... all in all, I'm pleased with losing at hipster bingo.

• Like 1

Yes they missed a lot of things but I am not sure about it's age.

I would be happy if people here would think beards are for hipsters, since mine is dark brown (black in the right light) I get a lot comments about beeing a salafist/ moslem / isis member, I guess most of the time it's fun but it's still annoying.

I also saw somewhere that Trucker hats are for hipsters, does that also count for "normal" snapbacks?

Hipster Bingo ranking

1. tyrsnbdr (6)

2. Sjard (4)

3. Rurik the Ranger (3)

• Like 1

I also saw somewhere that Trucker hats are for hipsters, does that also count for "normal" snapbacks?

I think they need to be those 80's style trucker hats with the 'venting' on the back.  In which case I would score again because my favorite hat is a 'vintage'-looking craft beer company trucker I was given by a buddy who works for that company... not that I regularly wear hats.  Not my style usually.

• Like 1

I wear a beanie in the winter, full-face beard (it's not very good), bicycle I haven't been on in months and I've got a pair of chuck's I've worn exactly once. The glasses thin framed silver and part of my face.

I need to go shopping.

And maybe a tattoo.:P

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

All Hail the new lord of NF Hipsters, All Hail Machete!

Can I call you God now? 

LOL! 

I am NOT a hipster, I had one thing on the entire board (apple product), and its only bc I cant learn new technology worth a shit

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Call me a hipster and I will find you and smack you so hard that if you have a beard it will fly off your face, and if you don't you'll grow one.

That was my attitude too.  Now I've stopped worrying about it and just do what I wanna do.  If that makes me a hipster, well... I'm definitely too rugged to ever sincerely fit the archetype.  Let's just put it that way.

Plaid

Beard

Hoodie(less so nowadays)

Beanie(very rarely)

Apple products(I got them cheap)

Thin framed black glasses

Call me a hipster and I will find you and smack you so hard that if you have a beard it will fly off your face, and if you don't you'll grow one.

Hipster.

(Trying to go for 14 points.)

• Like 2