Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

Inspired by another thread where a member was called crazy, I have to ask:

What crazy/nerdy/weird/odd stuff do you do?

For me (a small part….):

- Timing when I run to the tenth floor towards my office 

- Waking up around 4:45

- Climb trees and jumps between cliffs

- Balance on rails and other things I can find

- Play on playgrounds

- Had a 30 inch Darth Vader in my office 

OK, now give me yours!

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

I

- Count AU Falcons when we are driving long distances.

- Describe cars as animals constantly..

- Am obsessed with pole dancing (if you can't tell) ;P and spend quite a bit of time on youtube

- like playing on playgrounds too! Swings are always my fav

I think that's all I can think of so far.. lol.

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

I deliberately eat foods I don't like. One of my friends finds that ridiculously funny.

In my defence, it's because I developed a lot of food phobias as a teenager, and it's my way of getting over them. Don't like it? Just eat it until you do!

That explanation doesn't stop her laughing at me though... ;)

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Weird things?  I don't do any weird things.  Far as I'm concerned they're all normal and everyone else is weird!!

I do:

-  Build spaceships in Blender (3D modeling software).  I suck at it, but it's fun.  I'm building one now for my Sith character.

- Train with lightsabers.  Yes, actually train with them.  I own 6 Ultrasabers and the Terra Prime Lightsaber Academy blends real-world martial arts with Star Wars.  Thus, I train with a lightsaber

- I like to build things.  I've restored 2 cars, built 2 computers, and countless other little jobs just for shits and grins.  

I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of. 

• Like 4

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Any time I am in a car and drive by something with an address number on it (mailbox, house, etc) I break the number down into its prime factors. It's a game I play just to see how fast I can do it.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I like to take my shirt off whenever I take dumps.

I just about choked on my tea reading that. LMFAO :D

Oramac - I LOVE the idea of training with light sabres, that is so fricking cool! Highfive man!

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha, great things weirdos, keep em coming!

Have to say that training with lightsabers is my favourite so far :)

Oramac - I LOVE the idea of training with light sabres, that is so fricking cool! Highfive man!

Thanks you two!!  It's really quite fun, and semi-practical.  Best part is, if you want to you can do it too!  Check out the TPLA youtube channel.

Take 13, 10-14 year olds out on overnight hikes through the bush or on overnight camps and build big fires!

Excellent!  I've been the 10-14 year old on this kind of trip many times back in the Boy Scouts.  It was loads of fun! 

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Let's see:

-I collect trading cards, pokemon (4 binders c.3000+ cards) Yu-gi-oh and power rangers action card game are favourites.

-I'm a Lego Hobyist. trying to built a lego star wars army for stop-motion videos. First up is most likely going to be Clone troopers (The Kashyyk troopers just came out). Think of the lego pics Steve uses on his blog.

-I just bought a super nintendo =) (i would take it over any new Console)

-I love flea markets and second-hand shopping. It's like going on a treasure hunt! Plus finding amazing deals is a worthy challenge as well as seeing the looks on people's faces when you tell them where you got that cool item ;)

-I have a bust of Nefertiti in my room http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Nofretete_Neues_Museum.jpg

• Like 3

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log

I love drawing. When there's a pen/pencil and paper nearby, it's very hard for me to not pick up the pen/pencil and start drawing something. My work diary has so much crap drawn in it, the poor thing.

Sometimes when I don't have these things nearby, without even realizing I'll just start drawing in the air with my finger, pretending my finger is a pen/pencil and that the air is my paper. 

I did it once in front of a few friends without realizing, then one of them asked me, "Craig what the f*** are you doing?" 

• Like 3

I'm an old cat lady in training. In fact, I'm an old lady in training because I knit and crochet (although crochet is my favorite lately because it's so much faster). I reached cat lady level expert this past weekend when I went searching for super bulky yarn so that I could crochet my cats a hidey-bed (like a little basket with a hole in the side). Alas, I did not find such yarn and will continue my search next weekend (or possibly at work when it's slow on amazon...)

I also like to divide my food if it comes in colors (like mms, skittles, etc). If I eat something like goldfish, I tend to eat two at a time. That's something people give me weird looks for and generally tease me about.

• Like 3

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Well it just makes sense to eat that stuff two at a time so I can't blame you for that. Just like, when eating fries, one must find pairs of equal length to eat before resorting to eating them all mixed up and willy nilly. I mean, we're not savages, right?  :playful:

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Well it just makes sense to eat that stuff two at a time so I can't blame you for that. Just like, when eating fries, one must find pairs of equal length to eat before resorting to eating them all mixed up and willy nilly. I mean, we're not savages, right?  :playful:

Sounds to me like we're all a little bit CDO.  That's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.....

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Sounds to me like we're all a little bit CDO.  That's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.....

Haha!

Or perhaps CoD-Black Ops…. You have to admit it sound way more awesome to say, "I have CoD-Black Ops" than "I have OCD"…...

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

There's a really easy solution to this because finding similarly length'd fries can be tricky. Just fold them in half, then they're always 2 parts of equal size.

I know you're teasing, but OCD actually has a much darker side than just organizing things or turning lights on and off an exact number of times. Many people with OCD have obsessive thoughts, like perhaps they are uncomfortable walking along a balcony in their office atrium because they have obsessive thoughts about throwing themselves over. They don't want to do that, they just can't stop thinking about it and it causes a lot of anxiety and distress. I never knew that about OCD until recently and it helped me really understand the disorder when I learned that, so I'm just sharing the knowledge.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I know you're teasing, but OCD actually has a much darker side than just organizing things or turning lights on and off an exact number of times. Many people with OCD have obsessive thoughts, like perhaps they are uncomfortable walking along a balcony in their office atrium because they have obsessive thoughts about throwing themselves over. They don't want to do that, they just can't stop thinking about it and it causes a lot of anxiety and distress. I never knew that about OCD until recently and it helped me really understand the disorder when I learned that, so I'm just sharing the knowledge.

I actually didn't know that.  I have a couple friends who have mild cases of OCD, but so far as I'm aware they've never had anything like that.  Of course, they may just not be telling me about it.  I wouldn't blame them either way.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Um, this isn't weird, is it? 

In a finite, but moving, population (cafeteria line, people going to communion, etc.) I pick a shoe category like sneakers or sandals and calculate the percentage (to the nearest thousandth of a percent) of people wearing those kind of shoes.

In my head.

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I also like to divide my food if it comes in colors (like mms, skittles, etc). If I eat something like goldfish, I tend to eat two at a time. That's something people give me weird looks for and generally tease me about.

I'm the only one that knows about my inability to eat anything that is layered and not separate the layers. Something like almonds, if you bite em the right way, they break apart into two equal halves with a flat side... I must have this, goldfish as well...

Nerdy things... I have a collection of those metal puzzle (can you separate the pieces) on my work desk. It just started though so it's small...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)