Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

There are 2 kinds of people in the world - those who think there are 2 kinds of people in the world, and those who don't.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't.

• Like 1

Challenge Logs: Current Challenge 3 2 1 Battlelog

Origin of Name:

FN: Julian -> Jules -> Family Jewels -> Family

LN: Rickards = Canadian brand of Beer -> Beer

Call me "FamilyBeer" (or just Jules)

Haha!!  Sounds like a bumper sticker.  

On a semi-related note, there are also 10 kinds of people in this world.   Those who understand binary, and those who don't.  

Darn it, beaten to it!!!

Origin of Name:

Second vote for St. Louis: earthquakes aside, there's good farmland here, two rivers, and a reasonably temperate climate.  The American Southwest is getting drier and drier, which would make subsistence farming difficult.  I suggest we estabilsh ourselves a little farther south and west in the Missouri River Valley... say, somewhere around Hermann? (AKA wine country!)

Oh, smart move, move away from zombies into wine country!!! So, those lumbering, staggering, falling, people coming up the road - drunk or zombie?

I say to you all, stay where it is warm and temperate and fight off the zombies for us: up north here, we'll be fine - clean fresh water, enough food during the summer to store in the cold underground during the winter, enough wood to keep us warm during the winter when it is cold enough to freeze bodies, particularly brains, solid, we'll be fine, drinking the wine we stole from Missouri!!!

Origin of Name:

Where in GA?  You might have just volunteered yourself to prep the compound for us. ;)

North West Georgia. fairly close to TN.

and i'm ok with that :D 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Huh??? Where???

It's "Folsom" dude

Everyone knows that

♪♫ Well, I shot a man in Valdosta, just to watch him die... â™ªâ™« :)

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Along those same lines, someone needs to make one of these too:

bug-out-vehicle.jpg

NO NO NO! Haven't you seen any Zombieflicks? This looks awesome, yes, but it will be easily run over when hundreds of zombies creep up. You need a big gun and protection. Something like this…..

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/197226-vehicle-design-LAPD-Anti-Zombie-Unit

(How the heck do I post pics directly into the thread? Grrr….)

• Like 2

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

You could make one! You only need probably ~25k for the truck and a cool quarter million for the mini-gun. :)

Off topic: I'm not from the states (as my username implies) and have a question. Can anybody buy a minigun if you have a permit?

I'm giving my O'Levels Exams (sounds nerdy enough?)

Level 3 Minotaur

Assassin in training

In the process of metamorphosis to Dunmer

STR 8|  DEX 4|  STA 6|  CON 5|  WIS 4|  CHA 3|

0.1   0.5   0.3   0.3   0.5    0.4

Spoiler

"Hold on, the weight of the world will give you the strength to go."

"War Never Changes. Men do, through the roads they walk."

"With great power, there must also come great responsibility."

Off topic: I'm not from the states (as my username implies) and have a question. Can anybody buy a minigun if you have a permit?

Yes... if you look at his back window he has a decal for a Class 3 Firearms dealer, that covers machine guns...

Along those same lines, someone needs to make one of these too:

bug-out-vehicle.jpg

I'm missing 2 tires and a minigun... but I'm almost there...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Well, not anyone as its a bit of a complicated process. Certain fireams are classified as Class 3 weapons by the regulating agency, ATF. Class 3 weapons include machine guns, surpressors, short barreled rifles and short barreled shotguns.

Class 3 weapons can be transferred to private citizens with a background check and a tax staml by ATF, and approval by your local law enforcement officer. The catch is that machine guns manufactured after 1986 are illegal for private sale.

This creates a pretty limited, and expensive, market for legally owned machine guns. Fully transferrable handheld machine guns (like an UZI) start around the 10k USD..something like a belt feld can start around ~75k USD and a receiver for a mingun is so rare they begin around 200-250k USD.

Well, not anyone as its a bit of a complicated process. Certain fireams are classified as Class 3 weapons by the regulating agency, ATF. Class 3 weapons include machine guns, surpressors, short barreled rifles and short barreled shotguns.

Class 3 weapons can be transferred to private citizens with a background check and a tax staml by ATF, and approval by your local law enforcement officer. The catch is that machine guns manufactured after 1986 are illegal for private sale.

This creates a pretty limited, and expensive, market for legally owned machine guns. Fully transferrable handheld machine guns (like an UZI) start around the 10k USD..something like a belt feld can start around ~75k USD and a receiver for a mingun is so rare they begin around 200-250k USD.

Yep.  This BS.  BATFE should be a convenience store, not a gov't agency.  Bleh.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Ahh, thanks! OK, so a house or a minigun, that is the question…..

It doesn't have to be an either/or scenario but rather a which comes first decision!

Winning the lottery would help substantially.

Get a minigun, and you can set up your house anywhere you want... :-)

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Just thought of the solution: A mini gun and a RV….. Mobile, deadly and comfy chairs!

I like the way you think... I got an RV dealer here if anyone has the minigun....

• Like 3

My first challenge

I like to over analyze stuff just for fun or to keep a conversation going or have analytical conversations about pointless nothingness. For example, A friend and I spend 15 minutes discussion childrens books and why certain books were banned in the 50's and 60's and what a book today would have to look like in order to be banned from schools. This led to spin off converstions of the Giving Tree, Where the Side Walk ends, Dr. Seuss books and the Bible (which is banned today lol).

We also discussed current issues and themes reflected in children's books of yesteryear, (The Lorax and the environmental issues it addresseds).

Also, I say obsured and off the wall comments when people say "guess what?" or "you wont believe what happended to me?"

• Like 2