Forums are back in action! ×

Dirt Diver requesting permission to engage

Dossier

• Education: B.S. in biochemistry
  • Special Skills: Black belts in American Kenpo and Shotokan Karate, expert with Sig Sauer P229, expert with knife
  • Languages: English, Spanish
  • Prior training: Last two years spent trying to obtain "optimal" scores on the U.S. Navy's Physical Screening Test to win a SEAL contract. Run and swim times were highly-competitive, as were max sit-ups, but max pull-ups and push-ups were below the extremely high standards required to overcome the age issue.
  • Current status: After turning 31 in February (too old to receive an age-waiver for a SEAL contract), training intensity began to slide. Conditioning deteriorated further due to contracting bacterial pneumonia. (If this story is familiar, it's likely that you read it under a different codename. Dirt Diver is my preferred codename and will be used moving forward).

Present focus is on increasing strength through heavy barbell training and will begin reintroducing high-repetition calisthenics (push/sit/pull-ups) as well as run and swim training soon. Nutrition will be optimized (this has always been a major area of weakness) in order to decrease body fat, making for an all-around leaner, meaner, more effective athlete.

As training progresses over the next several weeks, it will become clear what should be selected for my 6-Week Challenge, and I will start a new thread as a Level 1 Rebel when the next challenge begins.

Happy to be back as part of this awesome community. Thanks to all of you who make it what it is!

-Dirt Diver

Hey, I found your intro thread!

Now I'm trying to work out who you were before.... Welcome back anyway, and send me a link if when you start your challenge, I'll definitely sub!

Guzzi

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey there!

I hope you weren't searching for an "intro" thread matching this post because I sort of jumped the gun, joined the site a week into this current challenge, and just introduced myself on the challenge thread instead of in the introductions. It's here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47653-deltaromeosierras-challenge-to-refocus-after-illnesssetback/?hl=%2Bdelta+%2Bromeo+%2Bsierra but is now basically defunct.

I'll definitely send you a link when I join up at the beginning of the next challenge!

-Dirt Diver

Welcome to the rebellion, and good luck. Look forward to seeing your challenge thread!

Whoa, a word from Guzzi and the Super Destroyer?!? You guys are giving me some serious Nerd Fitness street cred. I'll be sure to make my challenge worthy of the likes of you two. Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 1