Forums are back in action! ×

Just looking for a good place to talk.

This community is such a support for me. I am new to it and know that at every corner of this forum I can find answers, but right now I just need to talk (and maybe a hug). Some things to know, I go to school and work full time while living in America so needless to say, money is tight. I had to move back in with my parents this month and currently find myself laying on a folded up futon mattress in the corner of my old room. Meanwhile their girlfriend is sleeping in the bed. Mind you she doesn't work and treats my mom like shit. So I am paying to live on the floor of my parents home while some girl, a year younger then myself, sleeps soundly in a bed. I feel like I'm garbage and don't know what to do. When I confront them they respond with "well she was here first," actually no she was. I was and I am their daughter. Right now they are all out watching Godzilla and I am left feeling like Cinderella. It sucks and yes I am jealous and I feel like I have the right to be. I try to be nice to this girl, I am kind and caring and clean up after myself. I don't understand what I did to be treated this way.

I'm sorry, I just really need to talk. That's all.

• Like 1

Race: Tiefling

Class: Assassin

[Level: 2STR 3DEX 2 STA 2CON 2WIS 1CHA 2 ]

I don't want to be skinny. I want to be dangerous.

I'm sorry. I don't have any solutions to your situation but feel free to use this as a place to vent. That's a shitty way to be treated, especially by family. Do you have any friends or other social support locally?

• Like 1

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

If this isn't helpful, do ignore it! But... sometimes, when everything just sucks, I am comforted... or maybe motivated is the word... by the thought that I am exercising my mind. We all know we have to work hard to strengthen our bodies. I believe we also have to work to exercise our emotional and mental strength.

Whether or not that thinking is relevant to you just now... ::hugs:: and remember... this too shall pass! Working and schooling is hard work, even without stressful family and home stuff. Just remember, this part is temporary. Really!!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry. I don't have any solutions to your situation but feel free to use this as a place to vent. That's a shitty way to be treated, especially by family. Do you have any friends or other social support locally?

I do have friends, but I don't like burdening them with my problems(even though they don't mind). I actually had a friend last night that just messaged me out of the blue and asked to hang out just out of sheer luck on my end. Unfortunately I was in such a bad funk because of it I ended up breaking down in front of her, and now I may be moving in soon. Crazy how things work out.

If this isn't helpful, do ignore it! But... sometimes, when everything just sucks, I am comforted... or maybe motivated is the word... by the thought that I am exercising my mind. We all know we have to work hard to strengthen our bodies. I believe we also have to work to exercise our emotional and mental strength.

Whether or not that thinking is relevant to you just now... ::hugs:: and remember... this too shall pass! Working and schooling is hard work, even without stressful family and home stuff. Just remember, this part is temporary. Really!!!

That is actually a really cool way to think of it. I like that thought process. Thank you ::hugs::

Thank you both for your support. :3

• Like 2

Race: Tiefling

Class: Assassin

[Level: 2STR 3DEX 2 STA 2CON 2WIS 1CHA 2 ]

I don't want to be skinny. I want to be dangerous.

i can relate a bit to some of your circumstance. sometimes you just have to grin and bear it while making small changes that will result in a better end... kinda like fitness i suppose lol. 

either way, if you need to vent your frustrations let it all out here and you'll get nothing but support. I, as i'm sure others, will be more than glad to listen and offer any advice we can. 

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I do have friends, but I don't like burdening them with my problems(even though they don't mind). I actually had a friend last night that just messaged me out of the blue and asked to hang out just out of sheer luck on my end. Unfortunately I was in such a bad funk because of it I ended up breaking down in front of her, and now I may be moving in soon. Crazy how things work out.

I get that, but if you can't lean on friends during a tough time like this, when can you? In any case, hopefully something will work out with your friend. 

• Like 2

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3