Forums are back in action! ×

Aoife Marie Introduction

Hi guys! I'm not very good at this introducing myself business, but here goes. I'm 27 years old and about 20-25 pounds overweight. I started out at 195 lbs a few years ago, but lost about 40 by eating real food and doing Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs and running. Since then... my weight loss has been pretty stagnant. It doesn't go up (yay!) but it doesn't go down either. Running doesn't seem to do much for my weight loss anymore, so I've been slacking a bit on it since my last half marathon in November. I can't seem to get myself to do Jillian Michaels' workouts anymore either... I guess I'm just bored with them.

I found a new workout program that I love and after reading Steve's articles about the Paleo diet, I've realized that the way I ate back in college to lose the first 40 pounds was actually Paleo. I always thought Paleo was just "eat tons and tons of meat and a few veggies here and there," but I guess not. I'm not much of a meat person. 

A few more random things. I have a bachelor's degree in Asian Studies and I speak a little bit of Japanese... ã§ã‚‚ãºã‚‰ãºã‚‰ã˜ã‚ƒãªã„. Donuts are my downfall, I can't resist them. I have a bunch of random hobbies, such as playing guitar, wire wrapping, pretending that I'm actually going to write my novel, baking (need to stop that), and of course, the occasional video game. I don't play them as much now as I used to due to lack of time. I'm more of an RPGer than an FPSer, but I do enjoy L4D2 on occasion. It's a nice change from always being the cleric :)

post-29423-0-92630800-1400419712_thumb.j

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

2016: The Game

Current world: Neverland

Welcome, Aoife Marie!  I just joined this week as well, and it sounds like we've got a similar weight and goal!  Major props on losing those first 40.  Wow!  I'm laughing at your baking hobby.... that is definitely one of my biggest hobbies and problems.  I'm also excited to see that you speak some Japanese!  1æ­³9ヶ月ãらã„日本ã«ã™ã‚“ã§ã„ãŸã®ã«ç§ã‚‚ペラペラã˜ã‚ƒãªã„!

ãŒã‚“ã°ã‚Šã¾ã—ょã†ã­ï¼

I just started T25 about 2 weeks ago. I did the first workout and then had to rest for 3-4 days... way too sore. But since then, I've been doing the workouts every morning 5-6 times a week. I actually ENJOY them, which is saying something. I can't do a program I don't enjoy, it just doesn't stick :) I might switch it up in a couple weeks though. I don't want to get bored.

How's the beginner body weight workout? I was thinking about trying something like that for my first 6-week challenge. 

Level 2 Warrior Assassin

2016: The Game

Current world: Neverland

I've done it twice now, and I'm just barely getting past the initial walk-like-a-grandma sore phase.  :P  For me, a beginner to strength, I think it's really gonna do the trick for a while.  I've got a long way to go before I can do pushups without wanting to die.  ;)  I've already recommended it to pretty much everyone I know, so... that.  :)

Welcome to the Rebellion, Aoife Marie.  Sounds like what you were doing isn't doing it for you anymore.  Look around and find some new workouts to shake things up.  The BBWW is great, the ABWW kicks your butt hard and I really enjoyed it, but I'm a glutton for punishment.  :)  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge