Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow Nerds!  My name is Brit and I love working out.  While in law school I would often workout 2 hours a day at least 4x's a week and play flag football.  Then I graduated, got married, moved across the country and now I have 2 sons.  While I have been going to gym regularly for the last 2 years now, picked up running and cleaned up my diet (I eat 85% paleo), the last 4 months I have gained weight unexpectedly.  My doctor is going to have my thyroid tested.  Some of the weight gain is probably due to the fact that I have been so busy the last four months that I haven't been able to dedicate myself to working out as much as i need to.  This will pick-up soon because the school year is ending which means my softball coaching commitment and dorm parenting will also be ending (and for good!).  In addition to not having the time to really workout, I suffered a stress fracture while running a half-marathon last year, so I'm also just being able to get back into running.  

So yeah, long story short, I have found Nerd Fitness (am contemplating entering the Academy) and am hoping that this community will help me be more successful.

I've decided that I'm not really the traditional RPG race, but rather a Kryptonian - I look pretty human, but can so super-human things (being a full-time working mother being the first).  Now I just need to hone my super abilities.  For the time being, I think the Ranger class fits well.

Long-term goal is to get down to 25% body fat.  I'm trying not mind how much I weigh, knowing that muscle can be denser than fat, but ideally I would like to get down to at least 160 lbs.

So here I am!  Looking forward to fully participating in the next  week challenge!

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Welcome to the Rebellion!!

I see you found the Level 1 area.  The next  challenge starts June 9th, but there's no reason not to start trying out the goals and plans to see how they work for you.

Good luck!!! 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)