Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, looking forward to really getting started!

Quick blurb about myself: 24, 5'5, weigh about 196 pounds, really looking to lose weight and get fitter - my ideal end goal would be 150 pounds. Have slight difficulty in that my metabolism is very low and that I gained the weight from medication rather than eating which is making it hard to shift. I'm definitely hoping to find some encouragement - I've been doing hardcore Atkins for the last three weeks (eating only meat, a few approved vegetables and some cheese), dropped all alcohol and processed foods, combined with swimming every night and gym every second day and I've only lost a pound - I'm really not sure what else I can do.

I'm very friendly and will always lend a hand or encouragement to other people if it's wanted/needed.

My hobbies include: looking for work, reading, writing (both original fic and fanfic - serious geek territory) though I'm looking to get back into rowing properly, and a little bit of gaming.

Have you looked into Paleo (big around NF) it seemed less complicated to me than Atkins with the same type of high protein and veggie diet. I did it, with dairy, from Thanksgiving to the end of April and lost 35lbs. Also tracking your food can be a big help, I didn't realize how much I was eating until I started tracking. There are a ton of free websites to track your calories. If you are still on the meds I would probably consult my dr to make sure you're eating enough or see if there is a different med you could switch to that might not have that effect.

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

@virtualmonkey

I've considered paleo though dropping dairy may not be for me (not that I eat a lot of it!) Thanks for the advice - I track my calories and possibly I may be overdoing the diet part because I find it very hard to eat more than 1000 calories a day (and that's stuffing myself with all the meat I can eat). Still every diet takes refining I guess!