Forums are back in action! ×

There are other Nerds into fitness?!

Hi!  I just stumbled across this forum and it seems really interesting.  I am a veteran of the US Navy and when I joined I weighed 116 pounds (I am 5, 9.... and a half).  In boot camp I went up to 130 and pretty much stayed around that for a few years while I was in the Navy.  Then, one time I was on deployment and I just decided that I was tired of being the skinniest person I know and over the next six months I ate like crazy and worked out 6 days a week and gained 30 pounds!   I stayed in great shape for a while and then eventually got out of the Navy and working out was my only hobby.  In November of 2012 I tore my ACL jumping over a fence and I didn't work out for a while after that and when I did I didn't do legs.  (I have VA healthcare so it took me 6 months to get an MRI and a year to get the results back :/  still isn't fixed...)  I managed to look pretty healthy throughout all that and now I am really working to look GREAT again and get my strength to more than it ever was.  I have recently started going hardcore on legs again, being sure to keep perfect form so my knee doesn't slip and I am gaining leg strength really quick.  I was command fitness leader my last couple years in the Navy and I have helped plenty of people lose weight and I definitely know how to put on healthy weight so I think I can bring that experience to this forum.  My goal is to look great and go to cosplay (never been) as something where I don't wear a shirt lol.