Forums are back in action! ×

First treadmill 5K down

I have been running on a treadmill for four weeks tomorrow.  I alternate treadmill work with recumbent stationary bike so I am doing one or the other every day.  I have a treadmill that has 10 different programs.  I generally use one of the fat-burning programs that raises and lowers the incline of the platform and changes the speed of the belt.  The program lasts 30 minutes and usually ends @ ~1.75 miles depending on how much speed manipulation I do.  Every other Friday or Saturday I make a challenge day.  On challenge day I set my 'mill on a flat plane and run as far as I can.  My goal is to lose weight and run a 5K with my daughter in the Fall. 

My first challenge landed me at 2 miles after 27 minutes.  I could have kept going but I just wanted to see if I could do 2 miles non-stop.

I woke up this morning motivated as hell.  I got up and ran 2 miles in 24:40 and a full 3.1 miles in 38:45!  I am so happy.  Now to just keep going...

EtA:  So far I am down 15 pounds and two holes on my belt!  (Okay.  So that second belt hole is really tight...I'm still counting it!)

EtA2:  Wife just found a pair of size 36 shorts I have never worn shoved in the back of a closet.  Rocked 'em!

• Like 1

And counting the holes in the belt is always more real than the number on a scale. My buckle once broke on my weight loss belt, and I had to repair it. I am planning to have that belt framed.

And a great Woot.

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Another month gone by.  I am down a total of 20 pounds.  Now I need to convince myself that there is still a lot of work to do and the ice cream and soda rewards will not help at all.

Went out on Friday and bought a pair of jeans in the next size down.  I think I could squeeze into an even smaller size, but not sure I want to test the tensile strength of denim just yet.

My belt was in the third hole when I started and on Friday I was in the 6th hole.  This morning I actually was able to use a much older belt.

My squats have exceeded my ability to safely lift the bar without a power rack.  Someday I might be able to afford to buy one.  They are $400 even on craigslist.  :(  I hate deadlifts.  (But I still do them.  Twice this week.)  My bench press is continuing to improve.