Forums are back in action! ×

NerdFitness Fantasy Football League - 2016 - Updated!

All I know is they need to let Cam Newton loose and friggin 1.6 points by McCoy killed me

Cam is broken,  Eli is available so is Kyle Orton

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Both of which aren't bad pick ups at all.  Eli has looked good in the past 2 week (even 3 weeks) and not a fan of Kyle Orton, but with Sammy Watkins and dump offs to Spiller and Old Man Fred, he should put up decent numbers

So the kid is sitting on top with no real receivers. Hopefully Cordarrelle Patterson will make some noise this week otherwise its...dumpsville

I onow by saying this I'm setting myself up for failure but I'm feeling pretty good about this weekend. I think I've got you.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Yea, your running backs are worrisome!  I have DeMarco in my pay league so I'll be rooting for him too.  I plan on making a few moves to hopefully make me a bit more competitive sir.

I'm not getting my first loss without a fight!

• Like 1

Yea, your running backs are worrisome!  I have DeMarco in my pay league so I'll be rooting for him too.  I plan on making a few moves to hopefully make me a bit more competitive sir.

I'm not getting my first loss without a fight!

Yea my RB have been my saving grace. But thanks to some clever moves I have filled up my roster pretty well.

Eddie Royal has been playing like a beast. Im taking a gamble playing him over Brian Quick. Im also worried about Sanders, as he may be targeted less now that Welker gets into it more...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Kyle Orton is horrible and would be a huge mistake for anybody to pick up in the opinion of this Bears/Cowboys fan.

I'm done with Alex Smith to cover for Peyton's bye week if anybody is up to trade for him.  I could use a good RB in exchange.

Freaking Larry Donnell sitting on my bench.  How was I supposed to know Eli was going to have a bangin' game?!  You ruin EVERYTHING ELI.

• Like 1

Yea my RB have been my saving grace. But thanks to some clever moves I have filled up my roster pretty well.

Eddie Royal has been playing like a beast. Im taking a gamble playing him over Brian Quick. Im also worried about Sanders, as he may be targeted less now that Welker gets into it more...

Not one to throw in the towel early but when your defense scores more than my QB I think I'm taking an L

You'll get the TNF blow out fantasy bump this week with ARod, You'll be fine :)

I think the TNF blowout special worked against me sir. They got up big so quickly that they just ran the ball. And Corey had the GB defense...
  • Like 1

I think the TNF blowout special worked against me sir. They got up big so quickly that they just ran the ball. And Corey had the GB defense...

I wrote like 3 different responses to this, but I had no idea we had 2 Corey's in this league.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I wrote like 3 different responses to this, but I had no idea we had 2 Corey's in this league.

I got confused this morning as well. Not very often I find another Corey, let alone one who spells his name correctly.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I got confused this morning as well. Not very often I find another Corey, let alone one who spells his name correctly.

I know right! I always had trouble finding stuff with my named spelled correctly... We are a rare breed my friend.

Well, I'm in the green finally (thank you St Russell and Gostkowski) and I"m looking to countinue moving up the standings, until I get crushed this week.

Wheymen

This is a big week in the league.  We have #2 vs #3, #4 vs #7, #1 vs #8, and #5 vs #6.  This week could be the most important week of our league for the playoff seeding.  

Best of luck to you all!

Wheymen

Ah, my season took a nose dive.  Fingers crossed that I get hot in time for the playoffs

Well, I ran you out of the stadium, its hard to recover from that  :playful:

• Like 1

Wheymen

Yeah, it's starting to get interesting!

Indeed

• Like 1

For those of you who are now depressed that Fantasy Football is over, I created a group for the NFL.com playoff challenge.  http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball 

group is "tyrsnbdr's group" password is "password."  I"m not making this a NF specific group, just get as many people I can to see how I do compared to others.  You should all do it cause its a free roll and the winner will win tickets to next year's Superbowl in Santa Clara and (maybe) meet me cause I live a close enough to visit you there.

So please join and get your friends to join.

Wheymen

Although I did pretty bad, I would be interested in a 2015 fantasy NF league (free again of course)

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

In as well. It'll be my main league this year too since I got tired of the bullshit and bitching in my other league.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf