Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Just so people are on the same page. I am working with several of you via PM to get characters up and ready.

Still waiting to hear back from Gains.

Oramac and DR, I appreciate your patience while we get this together.

I will be jumping right in where we left off. Right before getting into the fight in the city. So Flo and Varren, and possibly Gains, will be put in a bit of a stasis in the first posting. This way they can still be activated later if need be.

I have a few adventures already in work and would love to hear from you for ideas. What is something your character might want or need to experience? Do they need their stats challenged or their belief system? Have they been dying to make an impression on the world at large? Any vague ideas would be nice, but not required. So now or later is fine, if you have an idea you want to share.

Okay, back to the Journey building! :smiley_simmons:

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Can't wait to get started!

I don't know if you PM'd him but I don't think your tags are working (they arent showing up blue on my screen, so I'll try)

@Gainsdalf the Whey 

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm here I'm here. Just didn't check first thing this morning like I usually do. Gotta go read the edited front page.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

On 6/20/2017 at 0:05 PM, Terinatum said:

Boo Yah!!!

Okay, this is awesome I am waiting to see if we get any other players, but in the meantime:

Cn3wton - could you please give exp pts and/or levels, if anything is applicable.

Please do the following as soon as you are able.... (I will PM Gains)

2.) Have an actual amount of food and water/ale listed.

3.) Have a detailed list of your clothing. I want you to decide their protection abilities (summer, winter, mixed, layered clothing, water resistant, etc...)

4.) Know your current health (lethal and non-lethal damage) when you were about to get into the city

5.) Make the following rolls: 1 roll vs. will and 2 rolls vs. fortitude - apply bonuses - post them here when you have them. *let me know if you get a natural 20 or 1*

Thanks! Weeeee!! Looking forward to this a lot!

More later.

Up to date sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dhUTMQKtpvqLO7a-U1rxUow9_VN6YllVOC7-UCy4-wk/edit#gid=1993209824

Alrighty. a few questions:

2) what's the capacity of a standard 4 lb waterskin? 1 gallon? 2? Need to add the weight of the water to my sheet. Have the rations already.

3) What season is it? Don't have a cloak on the sheet, but Bronan would have acquired a heavy bearskin cloak or something if it's getting cold. Right now I have him running around in hide shortpants and boots.

4) assume full health when we entered? 42 HP is his max.

5) Rolls:

will =17

fort 1=1+5 mod= 6 starting it off right with a natural 1!

fort 2=6+5 mod=11

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

4 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Up to date sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dhUTMQKtpvqLO7a-U1rxUow9_VN6YllVOC7-UCy4-wk/edit#gid=1993209824

Alrighty. a few questions:

2) what's the capacity of a standard 4 lb waterskin? 1 gallon? 2? Need to add the weight of the water to my sheet. Have the rations already.

3) What season is it? Don't have a cloak on the sheet, but Bronan would have acquired a heavy bearskin cloak or something if it's getting cold. Right now I have him running around in hide shortpants and boots.

4) assume full health when we entered? 42 HP is his max.

5) Rolls:

will =17

fort 1=1+5 mod= 6 starting it off right with a natural 1!

fort 2=6+5 mod=11

Answers 

Waterskin: A water or wineskin holds 1/2 gallon of liquid and weighs 4 lb when full. (I am saying that Bronan would have started with a waterskin that held 1 1/2 the normal amount due to his size and class - 30% chance you still have it and it is still serviceable. Let me know your roll.)

Season: You are traveling in a temperate climate of mostly plains and hills, with forest scattered everywhere. The current season is early summer so some chilly nights, but nothing extreme. Could be still getting some daily/nightly rains, but there isn't likely to be any flooding or excessive mud.

Health: yes, full hit points

Rolls: thank you and sorry about the 1.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

This should be my public profile.  I haven't taken food or water into consideration, if anything else looks wonky please let me know or go ahead and change directly @Terinatum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UxdkY2s-M3hEKHTuDP_NFWvq3gQCOml2YeLDzhjFdzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Do I also need to do the rolls for will and fort?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

37 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

This should be my public profile.  I haven't taken food or water into consideration, if anything else looks wonky please let me know or go ahead and change directly @Terinatum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UxdkY2s-M3hEKHTuDP_NFWvq3gQCOml2YeLDzhjFdzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Do I also need to do the rolls for will and fort?

Got your sheet and I'll let you know if I find anything amiss. Definitely do the rolls and post them here, thanks.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

@Terinatum sorry for my absence.  The rest of this week and all of next week, through the 4th, are shaping up to be hilariously busy for me.  Like, I probably won't even get off work until 7pm most nights.  So, sadly, I may need to bow out for a little bit. :( 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

3 minutes ago, Oramac said:

@Terinatum sorry for my absence.  The rest of this week and all of next week, through the 4th, are shaping up to be hilariously busy for me.  Like, I probably won't even get off work until 7pm most nights.  So, sadly, I may need to bow out for a little bit. :( 

:concern:

Oh no! Sorry O. If you get freed up later, definitely give a holler. I can work you in.

Take good care of yourself during this busy time! It can be way too easy to let your needs go.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

2 minutes ago, Terinatum said:

:concern:

Oh no! Sorry O. If you get freed up later, definitely give a holler. I can work you in.

Take good care of yourself during this busy time! It can be way too easy to let your needs go.

Thanks Teri.  I appreciate it.  I'll definitely let you know! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

character sent will post for all to see once it is reviewed to make sure I didn't screw up too bad.

Rolls are as follows:

Will: 7+6=13

Fort: 12+3=15

Fort: 17+3=20

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I will be sending my character sheet right after this post. But here are my rolls.

Will: 15+0=15

Fort: 11+4=15

Fort: 9+4=13

As far as food and water, my character keeps about 2 days worth of rations on his person at all times (2 days worth for most people anyways), and a waterskin that is actually filled with ale. 

His clothing is simple and thrown together, and only has what he wears as far as level of protection from other elements. He doesn't think ahead. So if I am right it was a moderate environment, so he has normal clothes with a light travelling cloak to shelter him on his travels from wind and rain and moderately cold nights.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Local geography, knowledge, and mysteries:

You are in the southern hemisphere of a continent with no name. Places are often insular and only accept outside things when they get them from the respected trading towns along Deep Bay to the north. One such town has had an unfortunate change of denizens. The once quaint town of Harglenn, is now a chaotic city of greed and marvels of the world out there.

The continent holds many features of nature from small deserts, swamps and bogs, huge mountain ranges with snow caps surrounded by ever rolling hills, to the long fields of yellow and green grasses. And of course, the many rivers that flow north.

East is the place of mystery and intrigue for most people. No stories have really come from there so tales have been growing for generations.

The central and western parts of the area are full of towns and villages of every shape and size. Far to the west, the metal mountains are said to have untold treasures, but no one has ever fought off the teams of dragons the patrol their lairs.

The south is cold with mostly arid plains. The snow comes seasonally and the rains seldom come this far south. No rivers flow and mirages are so common, few venture into its depths.

So, it is no surprise that people don’t move away or come from afar. But that has been changing for the last few generations. But it has brought trouble in its wake.  It has brought much dismay to the people and the protectors, to the very land itself. It’s been evil that’s been moving into these grounds and caves. People once indifferent and tolerant of their neighbors are raising pitchforks and hanging innocents. Why? What is here that was not before? Who is here now that’s disrupting the balance of this once fruitful land?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to let you know. I'm thinking you will all have at least until Sunday to do your intro posts. I want you to have time (and I need it as well) to put something together and for the older players to reacquaint themselves with where they are in the story.

This is not a race.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

11 hours ago, Terinatum said:

I will edit this post by this evening...

Just to let you know. I'm thinking you will all have at least until Sunday to do your intro posts. I want you to have time (and I need it as well) to put something together and for the older players to reacquaint themselves with where they are in the story.

World info will be posted here soon.

This is not a race.

Thanks Teri! Super excited to do this! I have been dying to actually play for a long time. I always end up having to run the games, which is fun, but its nice to play as well!

Also heres a link to my character sheet. Will tidy it up over time. Can't wait to play this guy!

• Like 1

On 20/6/2017 at 7:05 PM, Terinatum said:

3.) Have a detailed list of your clothing. I want you to decide their protection abilities (summer, winter, mixed, layered clothing, water resistant, etc...)

4.) Know your current health (lethal and non-lethal damage) when you were about to get into the city

5.) Make the following rolls: 1 roll vs. will and 2 rolls vs. fortitude - apply bonuses - post them here when you have them. *let me know if you get a natural 20 or 1*

- Supplies: Think Bacon was carrying rations for at least a week. No booze while on duty, probably a waterskin and that's it

- Outfit: If I remember correctly, Bacon sported a killer look of light travel boots (plus a pair of sandals for the more casual days, basic trousers, a sleeveless vest (hawt) and a standard issue adventurer's cloak

- HP: Full hp is 17

- Rolls: Will 21 (18+3) and there's also an extra +2 if it's illusion-related. Fortitude was 4 (natural 1+3) and 12 (9+3)

Character is here, let me know if you need a google doc/excel version

ETA:

On 21/6/2017 at 8:49 PM, Terinatum said:

I have a few adventures already in work and would love to hear from you for ideas. What is something your character might want or need to experience? Do they need their stats challenged or their belief system? Have they been dying to make an impression on the world at large? Any vague ideas would be nice, but not required. So now or later is fine, if you have an idea you want to share.

I'm a fan of role playing over roll playing, so I'm not really looking for something that'll challenge my stats. Bacon isn't built as the most powerful/effective guy and defeating a dragon on his first quest was a big deal already. Being a lover of the Planescape setting, I think a challenge of beliefs is right up my alley. So far I've portrayed Bacon's shift from a happy-go-lucky feyblooded gnome to a more grimdark version of the guy with the shaved head, skull tattoo and melee weapon over crossbow. It made sense with all the undead ancestral imagery that came after the dragon, not to mention the cannibalistic mercenaries and witnessing the dwarf's execution. I guess the next logical steps are walking through the valley of despair while making "realistic" thoughts of it all being pointless, before coming out even more adamant about the need to be a force of good in this dark world.

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I just read about posting some ideas about our characters and what they want to get from the world.

Henry is pretty disenfranchised with things as they are. So he's kind of living without living. Just travelling around meaninglessly not really doing much. He's very hesitant to get involved and attached to things. So I guess hes not necessarily looking for a purpose, but more or less looking for a reason to even care? Because in Henry's life it seems whenever anything good happens life kind of squashes it.

Also I think @Gainsdalf the Whey will apprecaite one of his sources of inspiration. I have been pretty heavy into strongman training the past year or so so I consider Henry a strongman kind of character. I forsee some epic competitions of strength in the future!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 11:05 AM, Terinatum said:

5.) Make the following rolls: 1 roll vs. will and 2 rolls vs. fortitude - apply bonuses - post them here when you have them. *let me know if you get a natural 20 or 1

Sorry for the delay:

2) two days trail rations and a water skin, but with the orison for create water and a hefty survival skill, provisions are something Tvar usually takes for granted. 

3) buckskin shirt and leggings, with a woolen robe/blanket for cool nights, and greasepaint for insects and weather. 

4) full health

5) will 21=16+5; fort 15=9+6; fort 18=12+6

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

Hi All,

I've got all the rolls I need, thanks.

I would love to have all the intro posts upon the Narrative thread byTuesday afternoon so I can post Tuesday evening.

If you'd like, you can PM with your draft and I can let you know if anything's amiss.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

On 6/23/2017 at 0:20 AM, Terinatum said:

This is not a race.

Quavyn's intro post is up in the narrative thread

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Formatting your posts.

As we get started with posting, I would like you to decide how you want to format each type of speech in your posts.

Whether you use different fonts, colors, bold/italics, be consistent with them so everyone knows what's coming from where.

Example:

your speech - bold and blue font in double quotes one font size larger than usual

your inner dialogue - italics and black in single quotes

others who speak - bold and brown in double quotes

others who speak in your inner dialogue - italics and brown in single quotes

I suggest testing your decisions in a post here (ooc) and when you get what works for you and is legible, then you can use it to post in the narrative. I can always delete the post afterward if you wish.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

My plan is to use a dark red for stuff regarding my character 

• Thoughts will be in dark red italic
  • Spoken lines will be in dark red bold

I will do most of the rest in black, when responding to other characters I will use their formatting.

• Like 1

I was going to use dark green for my normal font with italics for my thoughts and bold for spoken. Quotes will keep the original format

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja