Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

I'm assuming Flo checked the door for traps while previously in the room, so unless the door is unlocked, we wait for Bronan to kick it down. Get on with it!

We know the goblin's brother already went through, so any traps until we assumingly find his body should already be tripped.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Next part of the story is up. Without spoiling anything I hope that what occurs lets you know why I had you guys stop in the fountain room again.

On another note I think that we are back on track. Dialogue and those kind of things are going to need a bit of tweaking. The last few story points have kind of dragged. But I think thats in part to whats going on maybe? What have you guys thought so far? The fountain room and the goblin area in particular.

Maybe for dialogue purposes I will post replies the same day to speed those along.

I hope you guys find the next part exciting. I will try to make a map soon. But the dungeon is pretty straight forward the rest of the way.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I've been liking the conversations and dialog. You end up doing more of it in play by post than in person games because the format really lends itself to really fleshing those things out. I'm enjoying the pace so far, both posting frequency and the rate at which we're moving through things.

I agree with you posting responses from NPCs off of the typical posting pace as long as it's not TOO frequent and leaving others behind without the chance to interact bacause we're having full 10 post converations over 2 days.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Is there spacing between the statues? Also, does the previous set of statues stop shooting flame before teh nexts starts, or do they keep going?

500 / 330 / 625

Is there spacing between the statues? Also, does the previous set of statues stop shooting flame before teh nexts starts, or do they keep going?

The fire engulfs all areas, no spacing, and the fire does not shut off as a new statue starts spit flame.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

What Bronan said, basically. I think the only way to speed up conversations is to actually think a lot before posting and avoid asking useless questions. When playing around the table, you can ask whatever and get immediate answers so you don't mind much, but due to the nature of the medium here, limiting one's questions to the absolutely necessary can be detrimental to speeding up the game

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Im glad to hear you are all enjoying it. Next part of the story will be up when I get home from work tonight. Giving time to a few others to post if they want!

I must apologize for my lack of activity. I am still traveling for work (nearly a month long trip for me) and have been swamped and doing nothing but work, sleep, repeat. I am going to try to post more frequently until i get home and can resume as normal.

I am enjoying it thus far. 

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I just realized that I didnt post friday... My bad. i meant to before I head out for the night.

I am assuming everyone wants to proceed further into the dungeon right?

• Like 1

Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

Next part of the story is up. I have done something a little differently. I am giving you guys the DC required for the rolls. I know you can all be trusted to relay accurate results. This way you can see what happens to you and act accordingly. This encounter is more like a "trap" than a fight. So you should have a bit more freedom.

Please tell me what you think of this idea.

I am also considering allowing some people to join us if Purple_Panda and RandomMotivationalBomber dont turn up. But I will leave that up to you all.

Love the idea. Should work fine with stuff like traps and obvious stuff, such as DC to scale/jump obstacles. As for noticing stuff in places, I hope we still have to mention it, instead of you telling us something lik "If anyone wants to search the room, DC is X, tell me if you made it so I'll tell you what you see". Otherwise you'll be giving away the fact that there's something to be found around. Obvious, but pointing it out just in case.

I made my save (Roll of 14+2) but will be waiting for Teri to post first, just to give her a chance to reply to my character's outburst.

As for the others, I think Purple_Panda recently mentioned having an internet access issue. No idea about RMB. Not a fan of leaving people behind, but if you think the stuff ahead will be too tough for the 4 of us...

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I accidently rolled a natural 20 for no good reason! I'll have to use different dice! It's jinxed now!

lol no, but that's what I said out loud when it happened. DC checks are fine either way. I like rolling the dice so it's cool. I love roleplaying my natural 1s as well as my nearly hits and slam dunks.

Other players... have you been in direct contact with them over their posting consistency? If you are and they are unable/unwilling to keep up, you may need to give them the ultimatum get on or you're off. Otherwise, I say try to get them talking to you so we can figure out how to NPC them for a bit until they are back in action. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I just sent them messages earlier. I would definitely prefer them to stick around of course.

And we only need 3-4 people to continue on so that's not an issue.

I typed the earlier message in haste. I meant to also ask if anyone had heard from either one of them.

• Like 1

I know I have been very spoty lately I'll be back on track next week as I will be getting home from lejeune.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

So I have the next part of the story up.

I did a pick your own adventure thing based on dice roll.

I think it worked out.

If everyone posts by later tonight then I will update the fight. This will "hopefully" be a more than one round battle.

Loving this new mechanic, even if I botched the rolls. You're a genius, cn3wton!

I didn't want to people to be waiting for everyone to roll. It would be a pretty boring weekend if that was all that happened today lol.

I am going to play out the first and second round based on what you guys say, if it goes past that I will let you know. 

I think the fighting mechanic is going to be one of the biggest things we have to figure out. If a battle takes 10 turns, thats 5 weeks we are in one battle... I am thinking if you tell me what you want the character to do in battle that might make it easier and I just play it out myself... Thoughts?

That works great for me, taking it yourself multiple rounds until it gets to the point where more decisions by us are needed. It'll let you really do some creative writing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625