Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

I know zip about Warhammer, but if there are Amazons, pirate, or valkyries ..... I can always use the incentive to push out more reps or miles.   :pirate:

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Spent the last 30 mins to an hour sketching out ideas for my general. Once I picky one I think I'll do a full blown painting.

Nice! Do you paint often? If so, I'd love to see some of your work as well as sketches and thumbnails! I've put my art brain to rest while working on an IT degree, and I'm starting to get withdrawal.

• Like 2

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Done adding the units of available armies and an idea of how you can recruit each one. It's 2a.m. but I couldn't go to bed before that was finished. Might add some extra armies tomorrow (Albion, Amazons and Pirates are a priority) while waiting for more people to add themselves on the spreadsheet, then the guidelines for more character creation will be posted.

Also added my general, Zarthan of the Chaos Dwarves, to the list.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Nice! Do you paint often? If so, I'd love to see some of your work as well as sketches and thumbnails! I've put my art brain to rest while working on an IT degree, and I'm starting to get withdrawal.

I did that in reverse order, got a bachelors in computer science and hated the job. So I went back and got an illustration degree (an associates though). Ive got a long way to go before I can get a job in illustration, but I am working on it.

This is my deviantart gallery, the stuff is mad old though... http://cn3wton.deviantart.com/gallery/ will try to get around to uploading something new soon.

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

subbed, not playing this time around, but maybe next time for me!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Wow, I know nothing about this, but I'm generally up for a fitness challenge. I'll try the high elves...  Intrigued by the millenia of arrogance and warfare. From Wikipedia, there seem to be some female fighters, but probably not generals. Just going to bend the rules a bit on that one.

Malarielle of the Asur.

Hey @Chris-Tien...in my extensive wikipedia research I found reference to "Dark elf pirates" (!)

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Done adding the units of available armies and an idea of how you can recruit each one. It's 2a.m. but I couldn't go to bed before that was finished. Might add some extra armies tomorrow (Albion, Amazons and Pirates are a priority) while waiting for more people to add themselves on the spreadsheet, then the guidelines for more character creation will be posted.

Also added my general, Zarthan of the Chaos Dwarves, to the list.

Are two members able to have armies of the same race? Because if cn3wton wants to have Chaos, then I will be happy to choose something else - being a newbie and all.

I did that in reverse order, got a bachelors in computer science and hated the job. So I went back and got an illustration degree (an associates though). Ive got a long way to go before I can get a job in illustration, but I am working on it.

This is my deviantart gallery, the stuff is mad old though... http://cn3wton.deviantart.com/gallery/ will try to get around to uploading something new soon.

Hey I got a Honours degree in computer science and hated the job too! I've always had a love for art, but was never brave enough to follow it - so now I'm moving into administration and keeping the art as a hobby - I sketch and paint at the moment - but I'm looking at getting into sculpting. 

• Like 3

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Hmm. I would normally choose chaos without a second thought.. Especially Daemons of Chaos. But Vampires sound interesting. Especially since you described Necharchs with the word Sage.

Of course, like most here, I don't really know anything about Warhammer. And without an idea of what it takes to build an army and such, I don't really know if I have time. It does look fun. I'm going off to read something about Necharchs and Warhammer before bed now.

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Oh, I see the other tabs of the spreadsheet now. Nice that bodyweight squats work for calvary, since I can't ride a bike. No credit for yoga, eh? Might give me reason to work in some bodyweight exercise, since I am not challenging myself to do much. As long as My knee stays good, I can do some squats, and I need to do some pushups and the like.

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I'm game, this hooked me as I had to leave my warhammer army at my parents on the other side of the country :(

No time for models when I'm teaching anyways sadly.

Race: Dwarves!

Do we make our own exercises and challenges with this, or do we all work on the same ones?

Edit Sept 24th:

I'm going to update this post rather than post a new one so my introduction doesn't get buried, unless we prefer it the other way around.

Okri Kadrinsson looked around at the burning ruin of what used to be his convoy. "Ambushed by greenskins within spitting distance of home, I've lost everything!" He lets out a long and weary sigh before heading on into the valley. "Nothing for it but to continue on and see what the future may hold."

Okri (as with most of his Dwarven kin) does not use magic.

His weapons of choice are a triple barreled pistol and a hand axe, both of which he likes to use in close combat on the front line.

He follows the routine of Dwarven religion but is not fanatical about it (more like a cultural religion practice).

I have always loved this model and am happy to be able to use it in a game that is also going to help motivate me to be more fit!

The timing of this thread couldn't be better either as I am currently working at the school 12 hours a day, but thinking that may change once I get caught up and once my wife and I move to our new apartment across town this weekend.

I also don't know how to do the spoiler thing so I apologize if this messes up the thread at all.

gallery_2973_105_40267.jpg

And yes that is an eye patch he is wearing, it doesn't affect his aim at all as I'm sure Mallarielle will find out! (grudge match!)

• Like 1

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

I'm game, this hooked me as I had to leave my warhammer army at my parents on the other side of the country :(

No time for models when I'm teaching anyways sadly.

Do we make our own exercises and challenges with this, or do we all work on the same ones?

The spreadsheet that is linked to in the first post has separate tabs for the different armies - under those tabs you can see what you need to do to build up your army. 

• Like 1

A Warhammer PVP, Oh I'm definitely in!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Are two members able to have armies of the same race? Because if cn3wton wants to have Chaos, then I will be happy to choose something else - being a newbie and all.

Of course it's ok.

No credit for yoga, eh?

Depending on the pose, it could go under bodyweight or balance exercise. I've been thinking I left some stuff out in my attempt to keep training relative to unit type. I'll add more variety, like yoga for agile or magical units and martial arts training for infantry. Gotta give everyone a shot.

Like lishvicious said, check the tabs on the spreadsheet. Exercises are not final, but you can get the general idea

A Warhammer PVP, Oh I'm definitely in!

Welcome on board. I almost picked Greenskins myself. Much fun is to be expected during in-character posts :P

Still working on this, folks. I think we have a minimum critical mass of participants, will post the character guidelines asap

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

By popular demand, Albion, Amazon and Pirate armies have been added to the spreadsheet and the original post has been edited accordingly. I think I'll stop adding armies now, unless someone asks for one of the others. Now, to get the character creation going...

• Like 4

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Okay, I'll go for it! Choices. Choices. Hmmm. Pirates or Albion? Amazons or Elves?

After looking at the armies, I've got to go with Amazon - women riding jaguars and T-Rex cavalry decided it.

Amazon...Alala.

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Maybe, maybe not. Interested in switching to an Ogre Chieftain?

Nope, just know there are a few Ogres around NF and noticed they were the only mainstream army not represented. 

There are plenty of different races in Chaos and is further split down in to following one of the four Chaos Gods.

Khorne the god of blood and slaughter who sits on a throne of skulls "blood for the blood God and skulls for his skull throne" is a common battle cry.

Slaanesh is the hermaphrodite god/goddess of pleasure and pain. He/she is very dexterous and lithe and will take you to such exquisite levels of pain that it feels like pleasure.

Tzeentch is the Changer of Ways, the master manipulator and strategist who makes plans that take hundreds of years to slowly come to fruition. Tends to favour magic and mages

And lastly Nurgle the Grandfather of Disease and Pestilence. His followers are incredibly tough and resilient, able to harbour countless deadly diseases and yet not die, you just can't put the buggers down

• Like 2

Wow, I know nothing about this, but I'm generally up for a fitness challenge. I'll try the high elves...  Intrigued by the millenia of arrogance and warfare. From Wikipedia, there seem to be some female fighters, but probably not generals. Just going to bend the rules a bit on that one.

Malarielle of the Asur.

Hey @Chris-Tien...in my extensive wikipedia research I found reference to "Dark elf pirates" (!)

Awesome. The high elves are pretty much completely Gender Neutral 

In fact in the latest big installment there is a female general (can't remember her name) who leads a huge army of Elven light cavalry half way across the world to battle a God of Undeath to save an Elven princess!

• Like 2

Amazon...Alala.

I completely thought you were referencing Xena's battlecry there, until I saw it written as your character's name on the spreadsheed :D

Nope, just know there are a few Ogres around NF and noticed they were the only mainstream army not represented. 

There are plenty of different races in Chaos and is further split down in to following one of the four Chaos Gods.

One division is by deity, the other by "race". There's the Warriors of Chaos, the Daemons of Chaos and the Beasts of Chaos (Beastmen) but I'm trying to keep it simple here. Still, if someone comes up wishing to play specifically one of these three or the Ogre Kingdoms, it can always be added to the spreadsheet

Awesome. The high elves are pretty much completely Gender Neutral

That is the lightest, most politically-correct way I've seen anyone address the issue...

Just checked the new and updated spreadsheet

Raider this is some really impressive stuff!

Glad you like it, I put a lot of work into it.

Alritey, even if you're not familiar with Warhammer, make a post and give us an idea of your character. To help you in that, try to answer some basic questions, such as:

• Are they spellcasters or not?
  • Do they prefer to fight from a distance or up close and personal?
  • What is their weapon of choice?
  • Are they frontline leaders or do they achieve tactical superiority by giving orders from a vantage point?
  • How do they feel about their race's religion?
  • Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Perfect!  The pirates exercises are going to allow me to be flexible with the home vs. gym vs. on the road juggling next month!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Curious about the driving requirement for some of the army components. I know it kind of makes sense because it's to get vehicles. Any chance to substitute something else? (For myself I would propose running an equivalent amount of time...1 mile run (easy-ish pace) about equal to 9 miles on the highway)??

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Khorne the god of blood and slaughter who sits on a throne of skulls "blood for the blood God and skulls for his skull throne" is a common battle cry.

Well seen as I made up the Skull Crushers accountability group for this challenge - I think I am going to keep on going with the skull theme - I guess that makes my army worshippers to Khorne - the god of blood and slaughter! 

Now I just need to think a bit more about my general... will be back tomorrow.

I'll go with Slaanesh... but how to make my posts tame is going to be tough...

My idea is that my general is a badass warrior possessed by a female demon. If anyone has ever read The dresden files (*spoiler when dresden is possessed by one of the fallen angels of the blackened denarious) or seen battlestar galactica I am kind of ripping the idea right from that. He knows shes not real, and can resist her temptations (which can piss her off pretty bad). Visions the whole nine yards.

I think that will work. The easiest would have been to go with khorne, but that would be BORING.

Of course the chaos armies dont have to serve one god in 40k, so I am guessing that applies here as well?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'll go with Slaanesh... but how to make my posts tame is going to be tough...

My idea is that my general is a badass warrior possessed by a female demon. If anyone has ever read The dresden files (*spoiler when dresden is possessed by one of the fallen angels of the blackened denarious) or seen battlestar galactica I am kind of ripping the idea right from that. He knows shes not real, and can resist her temptations (which can piss her off pretty bad). Visions the whole nine yards.

I think that will work. The easiest would have been to go with khorne, but that would be BORING.

Of course the chaos armies dont have to serve one god in 40k, so I am guessing that applies here as well?

Yup you can just generically follow chaos in all its forms.

Yup you can just generically follow chaos in all its forms.

Sweet. That should make it easier to be a little tamer with the posts, and focus primarily on fighting.

• Like 1