Forums are back in action! ×

This is probably how I should be described. 38, arthritis in my hips, high everything that should be low, low everything that should be high. But I have gotten to the point were excuses are not good enough.

I got to my high of 285 after getting married a little over a year ago, which is about par for the course. I have always struggled with my weight. Up and down and up again. I'm done. I want to spend as much time on this earth as I can with my wife.

When I was young, even though I was overweight (or "husky" as they used to say) I would have no problem climbing trees and riding my bike all over God's earth. I would spend so much time being active I can't believe I was fat as a kid.

My hope is to be like that again. I guess that would be a scout in NF terms. I look forward to engaging the community and getting my nerd on.

• Like 1

Level 1 Hobbit Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHR 0
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something." - Joe E. Lewis

First challenge waist 48.25" to 44.25":
43.75%
43.75%
Beastmaster's Current Weight Loss Progress 267 lb to 165 lb.: 239.0 current
27.5%
27.5%

Welcome, fellow 30-something nerd! :D

Do you have any specific goals you're looking to tackle first?  The next 6 week challenge starts next Monday the 10th, might be a good place to start kicking some butt. ^_^

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I'm trying to write down my specific goals do I can get an idea of the right path. I would like to get in on the next challenge if I can organize my thoughts by then. I should be able to. I feel that I am fairly well clued in to what I want to achieve.

• Like 1

Level 1 Hobbit Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHR 0
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something." - Joe E. Lewis

First challenge waist 48.25" to 44.25":
43.75%
43.75%
Beastmaster's Current Weight Loss Progress 267 lb to 165 lb.: 239.0 current
27.5%
27.5%