Forums are back in action! ×

getting back on the wagon

Hi hi...

So I joined NF ages and ages ago, but I got complacent and fell off the bandwagon. I managed to lose some weight last year, but then because of school stress and rotations, I gained it all back. I opened up MyFitnessPal up for the first time in a long time today and found I'd gained almost 30 lbs in a year...on a 5'3" person, that's a significant amount.

Anyway, it was a wake-up call and so I'm back again with my tail between my legs, hoping to get back in shape.

I'm a couple months away from turning 30 and my body apparently just doesn't want to do the things it used to (like metabolize everything I eat).  I spend a lot of downtime playing MtG, League of Legends, and biweekly D&D, as well as Minecrafting.  The most exercise I've gotten lately is running from creepers. :/

I joined the YMCA about a month ago and went once...I'm going to try to go again today.  The last time I was active on here I put myself in the Rangers, but I'm not sure where I fit now.

So...hi. Halp pls :(

Welcome back! Have you found any type of activity or exercise you like and want to build up to? Maybe just a little competition will keep you on track.

i'm not actually sure. i'm not big on running, but i can do it. i know i can jog a 5k without issues, but i don't like to :/ i did check out the beginner's parkour article so i guess i'll start with that. i've just always thought of myself as too...sluggy...to do it. oh well, here we go! wheeeeee