Forums are back in action! ×

What song can you absolutely NOT STAND TO HEAR?

There are several for me but one of the big ones lately is that song where the guy asks his girlfriend's dad for her hand in marriage and he says no, then the singer goes on the whine about how he's rude and bla bla bla.  What a wussy, self absorbed song.

• Like 3

There are several for me but one of the big ones lately is that song where the guy asks his girlfriend's dad for her hand in marriage and he says no, then the singer goes on the whine about how he's rude and bla bla bla.  What a wussy, self absorbed song.

Oh no not that song. Every time Pandora tries to put it on one of my stations, I have to down it. Why can't Pandora realize I don't like the song?

Anything from Offspring. I hate that band. That and Rush.

Also, Barbie Girl will end up making want to strangle everyone. Yet one of the band members of Aqua did a project I absolutely love. Didn't know that until resonantly.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Ugh, yes, that is the exact song I thought of as soon as I saw the thread title. "Why you gotta be so rude? Can't you see I'm human too?" Ridiculous.

Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin is the one other song that comes to mind.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Mambo #5 and almost anything by Phil Collins will send me into an apoplectic fit trying to get rid of it as fast as possible.

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

There are some songs online that, the first time I hear them, I get freaked out for a good while and refuse to listen to them. The scary songs... :(

Right now I have one that I'm not even going to make into shmuck bait by giving you guys the real name but some people actually like it.

I'll call it "Even-Stevens" instead. (Nothing to do with that one TV show or its theme song.) It's about jealousy on the school playground from the perspective of the envious one. Towards the middle of the song is when things start to go creepy both in lyrics and tone and the ending...brrr... ::shudders::

For a while I couldn't listen to...let's call it "Ring Around", and I haven't in a good long time. I think I'll continue to not listen.

There's also ...um..."[Female Name]" which a friend introduced me to. After not hearing it for a long time, I heard it on the playlist of a friend of a friend who is starting to kind of become a friend. Then I remembered why I didn't like it. Most horrifying rap.

As for the annoying ones, I don't like songs that are shrill, have stupid lyrics or repeat on the radio too often. Or ones that express opinions which are cruel or shallow in complete sincerity. I can tune them out, however, for the most part. I'm patient and stoic. :)

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Anything by the Bee Gees. It's the falsetto screeching. Makes me want to remove my eyeballs with a spoon.  Or somebody's eyeballs, anyway...

Add most Christmas music to the list as well; all the syrupy glurge about cuddly feelings and presents. I have to listen to The Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York' on repeat to make the stabby thoughts go away.

• Like 3

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Haha, yeah. I hear "I'm gonna marry her anyway" and think "And I'm gonna beat you to death" (dad mode).

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Add most Christmas music to the list as well; all the syrupy glurge about cuddly feelings and presents. I have to listen to The Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York' on repeat to make the stabby thoughts go away.

I blocked Christmas music out of my mind for most of the year (don't want to think of it). Anytime I hear it in a store, I have to get out of there as soon as possible. Good thing there is the internet to shop for the holiday season.

And The Pogues are awesome

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Haha, yeah. I hear "I'm gonna marry her anyway" and think "And I'm gonna beat you to death" (dad mode).

It makes me think "That's your own stupid fault for asking the dad in the first place." I mean, if you are going to follow that tradition then shut up and follow it and don't complain when it comes back to bite you. And also, this is the type of situation where you don't ask a question for which you don't already know the answer.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

It makes me think "That's your own stupid fault for asking the dad in the first place." I mean, if you are going to follow that tradition then shut up and follow it and don't complain when it comes back to bite you. And also, this is the type of situation where you don't ask a question for which you don't already know the answer.

Didn't he already know the dad? Or is he some strange guy the father never meet? Because that could be whole different scenario.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

i dont like the song, but i also feel like asking someones father for their hand in marriage is just being polite. you're joining into the family, its a way of showing that you give a shit about that. for the father to go above his daughters decisions and say no, in modern society, is pretty fucking rude in my opinion. its more than just disagreeing with the daughters decision, its acting like a petulant child who has to have control over every aspect of the family.

and if youre the kind of person who would BEAT TO DEATH the man your daughter decides to marry, then you may just be an asshole. 

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

i dont like the song, but i also feel like asking someones father for their hand in marriage is just being polite. you're joining into the family, its a way of showing that you give a shit about that. for the father to go above his daughters decisions and say no, in modern society, is pretty fucking rude in my opinion. its more than just disagreeing with the daughters decision, its acting like a petulant child who has to have control over every aspect of the family.

and if youre the kind of person who would BEAT TO DEATH the man your daughter decides to marry, then you may just be an asshole.

I totally am. A selfish one.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Anything by Nickelback

Is Nickleback even around anymore?

That terrible song called Drive By by that band (can't remember who). And that other song about guy lying about girl breaking up with him by him saying she'd died.

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Unfortunately yes. And they have a new album that is getting way too much airplay.

Yeah been avoid public radio like the plague for number of years so clueless when comes to certain artists. Is the Bieber kid still doing anything besides getting into trouble with the law?

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Lips of an Angel by Hinder

Pisses me off something fierce, since it first came out, even before I found out I was one of 3 girlfriends for over 2 years. -_-

On a less bitter note,

For some reason I have had the Oscar Meyer Wiener theme song stuck in my head for like 2 days now. Please make it stop...

• Like 2

Come On Eileen by Dexys midnight runners.

I have the tune, the lyrics, the video, everything .. I absolutely hate it, I have bitten through my own face before listening to it, the vile the bubbles up inside of me and the clenching of every muscle in my body until it cramps .... I have pure hatred of this song.

But it does have it good side ... It is played at every single wedding in the UK ... at somepoint the DJ / Band / old person will play, re-enact or whistle this drivel of a song. ... so whats the good side ? ...... I banned it from my wedding, it was even on the invites - Dress code optional, just be yourself BUT - NO COME ON EILEEN .... the upside of this, is everyones wedding is the same, they all merge into one .. wrnt you the one that had the coronation chicken voluvents ? .... or was that sarah .. OH it was both of you YAWN  .... everyone remembers my wedding ... Ah yes, I remember now, you were the wedding that DIDNT play come on eileen ! :-D

• Like 3

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Any Christmas song with the exception of Little Drummer Boy, as sung by Pentatonix, and just over 3/4's of Country/Western music - especially Red Neck Woman, by Gretchen Wilson. 

If you like Christmas songs, sung a little differently look into Go Fish, they have a few that I like and I feel about the same way you do in regards to Christmas music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz65L2R9fU

Also Trans-Siberian Orchestra has some good songs with a Christmas feel.

On topic, I've pretty much given up on listening to the radio these days. Between "Rude", "All about the bass", "My Humps" and many others... it's just gotten old.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I listen to public radio, so I get all sorts of indie and non-top-40 music to listen to on the way to and from work. At work, I just put on my iPod, so I've got nothing but music I like. 

But with the Christmas season I've switched over to one of the main stations, since I'm one of those annoying people who starts listening to Christmas songs (privately) as soon as the Hallowe'en decorations disappear. Now, since Christmas last year, I like to think I've become a great deal more socially aware, which is awesome, but oh my god does it make Do They Know It's Christmas? absolutely agonizing to listen to. That song is the grossest example of racist "white saviour" attitudes I've ever heard, and every time it comes on I have to switch the station. 

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Hate nyan cat so much, but damn the game for it was addiction on mute of course

Someone kill it with fire PLEASE

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram