Forums are back in action! ×

2015 is a new year for change

I joined nerd fitness, maybe a year or 2 ago..I have actually forgotten how long ago..I have had issues with depression, over-eating,laziness, & being very unhealthy. 

I have a ymca membership for the winter.

6 Goals

1. Walk at least 30 min.

2. Workout: pushups, plank, bodyweight squats, dumbbell rows, dumbbell curls, dumbbell press, dumbbell deadlift, kettlebell swings, kettlebell figure 8's, jumping jacks.

3. Neck exercises, for torticollis (which I was born with)

4. Cpap...I have been doing well on wearing my cpap machine since May, but not lately, need to keep it up.

5. Food log

6. I am going to post my internet/computer time & let anyone decide if I spent too long on the computer for the day in general & based on the rest of what I post, too.

• Like 1

Good luck!  Changing your life is so hard!!!!!  The more you need to change, the harder it gets.....

If you ever want a MFP accountability buddy, I am starsapart there as well - look me up!  I'm on every day. ^_^  Calorie counting is annoying, sure, but it really does work.

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

The best thing to do here, and this is just my opinion so feel free to disregard, is get checked out by a doctor. If you can figure out if there's something actually hindering your ability to follow through, it would be great for you to figure that out and get help so you can overcome it.

The fact that you've outlined fairly specific goals means that you've put extensive thought into this and obviously have the desire. I don't know enough about physical barriers to fitness and health (chemical or whatever else), so I can't really comment on that part of it, but it sounds like it may be the only thing stopping you.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about, my friend. I felt ashamed of myself when I first started working out and eating healthy because I felt like if I failed, I'd be an even bigger loser than I felt like and I'd just have another failure under my belt. But the fact that I tried instead of staying on the couch with my bag of chips and coke meant that I was succeeding. Not trying is failure. Anything above not trying gets you closer to success.

So I guess my advice would be to get checked out and figure out your motivators. What's driving you do get healthy and fit? Once you figure it out, it becomes a little easier. It gives you something to grip onto to pull yourself through the pain.

Good luck with everything, and keep us updated

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Hey, all things take time, and not accomplishing a goal doesn't mean you failed, its more like experience gained for the next attempt.

Goals look good, and as starsapart mentioned, myfitnesspal is aweaome for food logging. (PMyrrh on there too if ya decide to join)

One thing about working out, be careful if you decide to try any weights, make sure you look over a few form blogs/articles and start light.

• Like 2

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%