Forums are back in action! ×

Grokspar here. I'm just setting out on my journey to turn from troll to Viking warrior. I've spent too long sat on my ass and my body shows it.

I'm 32 and work for the ambulance service in the UK. I've always been a big guy as even when I trained at lot at eighteen the diet didn't match up.

Since then I've had little blasts of fad diets and short term workout goals. Which if anything have put me in a worse position as they've hurt my confidence when they didn't work.

Anyway that's the past, a colleague recently told me I should be a viking and that is now my goal, I want to become a Viking warrior in body. Starting tomorrow I'm hitting the weights at the gym 3 x a week following the stronglifts programme. I'm also slowly tweaking my diet to drop the processed sugars and start stripping away the grains. Not a change I can make quickly and I'm not sure I'll ever make full Paleo, but if I can get to 60% Paleo I'll be so much better for it.

So here goes :)

P.s Grokspar was my wow character long before I came across him in paleo literature lol. Just seems fitting now :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, have since managed to recruit a friend to meet my at the gym and train the first session with me. Means there's no way I can get out of it without looking like a tit. So even if it's a bad day at work tomorrow I will still go, cos if I don't my buddy will know and I won't be able to look him in the eye.

Liking this accountability thing!

Welcome to the site and my journey is somewhat similar to your own...i look forward to the updates :)

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads