Forums are back in action! ×

You know when you get killed in a Battleground, but there are a bunch of Rogues and Healers respawning at the same Graveyard so you can zerg out all at once and get the flag?

Well that is how this week is starting to feel.

First - I bought a new squat rack, I had scored a basic frame at a thrift store, but it turned out to be the frame from a Nautilus Smith Machine and was impossible to get hooks for. So, I kept trolling Craig's list until I found a guy selling a squat rack, bench, olympic bar and 400 lbs of weights for $200. I offered him $150, and we settled on $175. It all fit in my truck and only fell on me once when I was taking it apart to put into my new weight room.

Second - My work restarted their wellness program and asked for ideas. I suggested Walking to Mordor with an alternate Walking from California to New York for the less nerdy and had quite a few coworkers get excited about that idea. So that's going to happen.

Finally - After months of watching me work out, my teenage daughter downloaded SL 5X5 and worked-in with me tonight. I finished first and was doing some light goblet squats off to the side as supplemental lifts while she was doing her bench press. I asked her if I had left her enough room, or if she was going to hit me when she unracked the bar. Her response, "Not on accident."

Yeah, I raised a smart-ass, but I wouldn't have her any other way.

I am ready for Monday's new challenge.

Viking Warrior

LEVEL 2 | STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Wow that is really great, all of the things really! I hope your work will implement the walking to Mordor thing, it motivated me to no end! And very cool that your daughter lifts with you now, that's some amazing bonding time!