Forums are back in action! ×

How do you like your Books?

Favorite Book Method  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which method do you enjoy reading a book?

• Physical Book
    • eBook
    • Audiobook

prefer physical books, but without the advent of eBooks I don't think I'd ever have read some of my favorites like The Stand or Song of Ice and Fire - just too flipping thick.  I also like being able to keep everything in the cloud and accessible from anywhere.  

But since I have a 2-hour commute to work (each way), I have to cast my vote for audiobooks.  It's the only way I have time to consume a book anymore.  Problem is - audiobooks rely so much on having a good narrator.  There are many fantastic books that I've dropped because the narrator just is terrible.  The flip to that is that a great narrator adds so much more depth to an already enjoyable book as well.  Some of my favorite books I've gotten both print and audio to enjoy. 

Physical books for me! I spend most of my day in front of a computer so I find it relaxing to shut the damn screen down. Plus I love to see my books and be able to show them to lend them to friends.

Ebooks are fine I read some but I'm concerned about the future of public libraries which are the greatest places ok on earth!

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Physical books all the way! I have a tablet with e-books on it, but rarely use it for reading. There's just something about holding the book in my hand: the smell of it, the sound of turning the pages, etc. that is lost when trying to read an e-book.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

I like them as well for when I can't actually read. Used to use them a lot in college for the walks between classes and from class to home. Starting to walk during lunch and I'm going to pick the habit back up.

I vote for paper books, and would regularly read while I walked to work. Doesn't sound safe, I know, but u have good peripheral and would glance up often. Haha
  • Like 1

Level 2 Lycan 

"A wetboy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss." -Durzo Blint

Work in progress: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/87730