Forums are back in action! ×

I joined for two reasons 

1. I own my own business as a pole fitness instructor and personal trainer and I wanted a good resource to direct my clients to for both exercise between visits and nutrition info.

2. I have had a life long struggle with belly fat and when I go perform I am usually the only gal who won't do pole in a sports bra and booty shorts. I have sexy legs so the shorts are not the problem it is showing my midsection! I read a few articles and learned exactly what I have suspected for year calories are not created equal and not all body types do well on the same diet and exercise plan. Everyone wants a simple solution and it works for some people but not for everyone despite what my personal training certification taught me. At least now days they are teaching that not all calories are created equal. So I am here to learn more about making changes in my diet to get me closer to the low body fat percentage that I want I also need to do it gradually I think because I wont stick to something drastic. 

I don't want to join another calorie counting site I just get obsessed and stress out about everything I eat I want to eat good foods and eat when I am hungry not because the clock says I should eat.  I don't eat really bad either I just think I could make better food choices. 

However I do love this time of year we planted a garden and in a few more weeks we will have awesome fresh veggies we also have berries growing all over and we have 7 hens for eggs. We also have an herb garden.....needless to say every summer despite no change in exercise habits I loose a bit of fat by eating from the garden.....sadly the gardening season in Northern Ohio is short!  So I was also hoping for recipes using the things I planted in the garden.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi fitgirlcarrie --

The growing season is short here in southern MI too!  Enjoy your tomatoes ... don't skimp on greens.  My grandmother north of Deeetroit every year planted chard, kale, etc.  Peppers ... the little sweet ones have 200% of your vitamin C for the day MINUS sugars like juice.

I, too, learned late in life that a kcal is not "just" a kcal and that our bodies process the components of our kcal intake differently.  In 200 years there will be a test for who can consume how many simple carbs.  Right now, you and me: trial, error, the scale, the mirror.

I was ashamed of my mighty thighs for 30 years.  Now I deadlift my bodyweight with them.  May the Force Be With You!  Thank you for posting and inspiring me!  :)  --Tombo

• Like 1

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

Hello! I'm Trewest one of the Assassin Ambassador's running around.

1- following you because fellow Kate Daniels fan

2- strength of body vs body showing results. I am with you in that boat. Eating healthy, working out etc... I can do all of the above, but cutting body fat is neigh impossible for me.

You've already found your way into the assassin's level 1 guild, so I will say hello future assassin buddy!

Expect to hear from me a lot as you go because I find pole dancing awesome and want to give it a shot, but AFTER my Mudder. I have learned the hard way that even I can try to do too much too quickly and end up injured.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Hello! I'm Trewest one of the Assassin Ambassador's running around.

1- following you because fellow Kate Daniels fan

2- strength of body vs body showing results. I am with you in that boat. Eating healthy, working out etc... I can do all of the above, but cutting body fat is neigh impossible for me.

You've already found your way into the assassin's level 1 guild, so I will say hello future assassin buddy!

Expect to hear from me a lot as you go because I find pole dancing awesome and want to give it a shot, but AFTER my Mudder. I have learned the hard way that even I can try to do too much too quickly and end up injured.

Very cool! Someone else who reads the same books and has the same interests and issues as I do!  At the end of last week I was so pissed off I nearly quit till I came back here and read some other posts. I was trying to track the ups and downs in my weight and eating healthy, doing my regular exercise with an addition of 1 hour of pretty intense cardio I started loosing weight and then with no changes started steadily going up again. So in the last 12 or so days I lost 6 pounds only to regain 4. I realize there can be quite a variation between days but really! It is so frustrating and watching every damn thing I put in my mouth seems to do no good! I don't count calories anymore because I get obsessed! I am active I teach 2-4 private pole fitness sessions a day and I do my own workouts and eat healthy 95% of the time.......well rant over before I spend my day upset over it.

• Like 1

Very cool! Someone else who reads the same books and has the same interests and issues as I do!  At the end of last week I was so pissed off I nearly quit till I came back here and read some other posts. I was trying to track the ups and downs in my weight and eating healthy, doing my regular exercise with an addition of 1 hour of pretty intense cardio I started loosing weight and then with no changes started steadily going up again. So in the last 12 or so days I lost 6 pounds only to regain 4. I realize there can be quite a variation between days but really! It is so frustrating and watching every damn thing I put in my mouth seems to do no good! I don't count calories anymore because I get obsessed! I am active I teach 2-4 private pole fitness sessions a day and I do my own workouts and eat healthy 95% of the time.......well rant over before I spend my day upset over it.

Well, the best part of having a team like Nerd Fitness is that we're here to listen when you need us to, and also here to offer suggestions and support when we see what's going on.

I had to learn to stop weighing myself because it became a fixation, and then I also ran into a problem of under eating because it was the only way I seemed to lose any weight. Currently I too am trying to adjust my eating healthfully but not stressing over the calories too much. It's weird but when I eat at the calorie level everyone says I should for my workouts, I gain weight. So right now I'm playing in my food sandbox too :P

How did you get into teaching pole dancing? I've seen the competitions for it and it's amazing.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)