Forums are back in action! ×

You can talk the talk... [Open PvP 8th June - 19th July]

Just to clarify this, if you're a regular runner clocking tons of miles running week in week out this walking PvP is not really what that's meant for. However if you're running a bit walking a bit, sometimes running sometimes walking that's all good. I'm not super strict ;)

yay! the only tracking I can do is what I do before and after work. I have no way to track what I walk while at work. it shouldn't be too bad since I am doing running/walking 2-3 times a week so i dont fall into the category of running tons of miles week in and week out. :D

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Since I'm using my fitbit for this PVP I think I will take it off when I do my bodyweight work.  That should help the numbers be more accurate.  I went out yesterday for a planned walk with a few sprints and Monday I made myself take an evening walk to pump up my numbers a bit.  Plan on dragging the teen out for a short walk today too :)

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

ok reeling them in now and starting to get on a roll, another 6k today (in the rain..again!)

I'm so jealous! I am on the opposite of a roll, unless it's a backward roll.... LOL. It's been record breaking hot and I can't seem to get up in the wee hours of the morning -AGH! But no more excuses. 

I looked at the chart and y'all seems to be in the swing of things nicely.  B) I'm sufficiently inspired. I'll walk at 10pm everyday if I have to.  :mask:

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I'm in Arizona visiting friends right now, and I am so not used to the heat. I was able to get a mile in this morning and yesterday, but that was as far as I could walk. By 8 am it is 90 degrees! It was sort of fun to walk and see all the different cactus though. Then I went in and walked on the treadmill some. Then I remembered how boring the treadmill is. Tuesday I did my walking on the elliptical, hopefully that is ok. The elliptical feels more like walking to me than the treadmill. The treadmill feels more like I am stomping on concrete than walking :nightmare:

I saw this and thought of you:

treadmill-meme.jpg

• Like 1

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I saw this and thought of you:

treadmill-meme.jpg

:D I decided my treadmill work was to help me empathize with people who hate workouts. I usually love working out, so it just isn't a problem, but if my workouts had to include treadmill work :nightmare:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Just got signed up.  Shooting for titanium.  My mileage will be mostly walking but I will also be doing  some running.

• Like 3

nerdgettingfit - Lvl 0 Human Recruit

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge Details

Main Quest: 13% Body Fat

11%
11%

Quest 1:  Strengh Training

22%
22%

Quest 2:  Walk / Jog

12%
12%

Quest 3:  Intermittent FastinG

26%
26%

Life Quest:  Web Dev Skillz

19%
19%

I'm glad to see someone else shares my opinion of treadmills. I opted for a home elliptical for winter and extremely rain days a few years ago b/c of how you described walking on a treadmill but I was never able to say it as precisely as you did :)

One thing that helps me as well is using built in programs b/c it varies my workload and feels more like I'm walking with topography.

I'm in Arizona visiting friends right now, and I am so not used to the heat. I was able to get a mile in this morning and yesterday, but that was as far as I could walk. By 8 am it is 90 degrees! It was sort of fun to walk and see all the different cactus though. Then I went in and walked on the treadmill some. Then I remembered how boring the treadmill is. Tuesday I did my walking on the elliptical, hopefully that is ok. The elliptical feels more like walking to me than the treadmill. The treadmill feels more like I am stomping on concrete than walking :nightmare:

• Like 1

ldhuffling

Half Orc Adventurer  | Lvl 2

"What am I doing today that will help me be the person I want to be tomorrow?"

Challenge: #1 | #2

STR 3 | STA 7 | DEX 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

2015 Weight Loss Goal

13%
13%

Been traveling this week so it was more difficult to get in my mileage, but I was able to get in 5 miles throughout the week. Plan doing at least 7-8 this weekend. Impressed with all the mileage everyone is clocking...got me motivated looking at the spreadsheet!

• Like 2

ldhuffling

Half Orc Adventurer  | Lvl 2

"What am I doing today that will help me be the person I want to be tomorrow?"

Challenge: #1 | #2

STR 3 | STA 7 | DEX 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

2015 Weight Loss Goal

13%
13%

Meh, I've had a slack week for a titanium goal, next week will be better I'm sure. Pooch is back home tonight and will be out for a walk with him first thing tomorrow morning ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ah yisss. This is perfect, because although I'm working on running for my challenge I also do so much additional walking where I live that I would like to post and track it somewhere. Plus this is a great excuse to kick my boyfriend out of the apartment and have him experience the outside world with me a bit more, haha!

I would like to say I'm shooting for titanium, but realistically (and because I'm not counting my miles from running) it will probably be more like silver.

Also, I'm assuming that it's alright to enter all the miles I've walked so far during this past week? I've got most of them logged between various apps on my phone, I just have to tally them all up. Somehow. :nonchalance:

• Like 1

[Currently training for the Hunger Games]

Captain's (Battle) Log • Challenge Log

Ah yisss. This is perfect, because although I'm working on running for my challenge I also do so much additional walking where I live that I would like to post and track it somewhere. Plus this is a great excuse to kick my boyfriend out of the apartment and have him experience the outside world with me a bit more, haha!

I would like to say I'm shooting for titanium, but realistically (and because I'm not counting my miles from running) it will probably be more like silver.

Also, I'm assuming that it's alright to enter all the miles I've walked so far during this past week? I've got most of them logged between various apps on my phone, I just have to tally them all up. Somehow. :nonchalance:

Welcome :) Yes log your miles for this week, no problemo. Good to have you along :encouragement:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 1 Summary:

Copper (16 miles)

Endor

Jcsimmons (fitbit)

Nnimn

wockerjabi

Lightning (fitbit)

Team miles: 181

Whoa!! 5 medals already and great team progress, good job guys!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :)

Got in two good walks. Was going to run today but the heat was too intense for me. Worked out better because I got to tack on almost 10 miles over these last 2 days

I totally understand about that heat. A few times now I've gotten ready for a run, stepped outside in the sun, then just said "Nope."

I've also started having problems with my running shoes becoming rather worn out. Yesterday I noticed that my right heel and ankle were starting to hurt, so to prevent injury I put the running on pause until I can get new shoes (tomorrow hopefully! *fingers crossed*). It's given me a chance to get a lot more walking in though!

I've had the same problem heat-wise so last night I logged my miles late in the pm. It's pretty interesting cause I always have to sprint through the sections with sprinklers at night but it's kind of fun too. Hope everyone's weather improves :/

Ninja Assassin

I've had the same problem heat-wise so last night I logged my miles late in the pm. It's pretty interesting cause I always have to sprint through the sections with sprinklers at night but it's kind of fun too. Hope everyone's weather improves :/

That does sound fun! I wish I could go running at night, but the park I usually go to closes at sunset and I live in the city so instead of dodging sprinklers, I'd be dodging the homeless and drug dealers. Meh.

I'm down under in Oz, it's the bleak mid winter here!!

I love winter here, although it is cold. I'm enjoying walking at any time of day and not having to get lathered up in sunscreen!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge