Forums are back in action! ×

My first 5k

Color Me Rad. It was a lot of fun, and I ran more than half of it, probably 3/4 or so in about 45-50 minutes.

DSCN3570_zpsj4y6hz1p.jpg

• Like 4

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

I'm doing the Dirty Dash next month. Unfortunately the glow run isn't available where I live. I don't know if I'll do the color run again though, while it was a fun experience, I didn't really like getting corn starch all over my skin, in my mouth, up my nose, and even in my ears and eyes, especially since I avoid anything with corn in it because it's usually GMO and is a grain (I'm paleo AIP for autoimmune disease). I will likely start doing the dirty dash every year though.

• Like 1

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Congrats on your 5K. Here is another one that might interest you (and doesnt involve corn starch) http://electricrun.com/

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Way to go!! Crossing the line on the first one is always the hardest!! But once your bit by the racing bug you become addicted :) You look very happy and you should be super proud. Seeing your smile has motivated me to lace up my shoes and drag myself out for a run! I just did a night run/glow run where I am from. They are super fun, there was even a fire with smokies and smores and a bar following. Not as colourful but one for the books. 

• Like 1

The struggles of today build strength for tomorrow. -unknown