Forums are back in action! ×

I was doing okay and then stuff happened...

Hi NF, long time no see.

I was last here back in December. I had done two challenges and was working on my third when a lot of things kind of just happened. First, I had been having issues with my hamstrings, then I was getting more evening hours at my job than usual and the holidays came up so I ended up spending more time with people and traveled and as my injury and life got in the way I stopped working toward the challenge as hard (well, the injury mostly made it really difficult to continue with part of it) and then felt increasingly bad about failing so I ended up more discouraged and finally, I dropped out.

After that, and I didn't feel like doing much of anything until about the end of March. There was always some excuse (e.g. mostly the weather), but ultimately I was probably just being a bit lazy and maybe a bit depressed. The last couple months, I've made more of an effort to go for regular walks and have occasionally done a bit of yoga just to do something, but I think I can do better.

This past week, I decided to start a 30 day yoga challenge and well, it's only been three days so it's hard to tell how that will go, but I do want to succeed and I want to start doing challenges again (obviously, I'm too late for the current one).

I think that this time around, I will make a better effort to make reasonable goals. Last time, I tried to take on too much too quickly. My primary goal is really to develop healthy habits for life, but I think it's healthier to take on a few small tasks and keep at them, maybe gradually adding more eventually, than it is to try doing everything for a few months and then cease doing anything for even longer.

Anyway, I will be starting a fresh Battle Log and trying for a fresh start. I hope this time, I can make this last. :)

• Like 1

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

Good on you for getting back on the horse and starting again. For what it's worth, I don't believe you are trying for a fresh start. You have made a fresh start. Now the question is, are you going to take the next step? Know this, whether or not you take the next step, you have started. Nothing can take that away from you. You rock.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Good on you for getting back on the horse and starting again. For what it's worth, I don't believe you are trying for a fresh start. You have made a fresh start. Now the question is, are you going to take the next step? Know this, whether or not you take the next step, you have started. Nothing can take that away from you. You rock.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

• Like 1

Level 9 Amazon Druid
Battle Log

I think that this time around, I will make a better effort to make reasonable goals. Last time, I tried to take on too much too quickly. My primary goal is really to develop healthy habits for life, but I think it's healthier to take on a few small tasks and keep at them, maybe gradually adding more eventually, than it is to try doing everything for a few months and then cease doing anything for even longer.

It sounds like you have exactly the right idea! I'm totally with you on the excuses, but as you know thats just what they are. The important thing is you didn't fail. There is a saying that failure isnt falling down, its refusing to get back up. What you did last time didnt work out as you planned, but instead of giving up (failing) you are back here and you have learnt what tweaks you need to make in order to make things work for you (aka winning!)

Go you!

• Like 2

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

It sounds like you have exactly the right idea! I'm totally with you on the excuses, but as you know thats just what they are. The important thing is you didn't fail. There is a saying that failure isnt falling down, its refusing to get back up. What you did last time didnt work out as you planned, but instead of giving up (failing) you are back here and you have learnt what tweaks you need to make in order to make things work for you (aka winning!)

Go you!

Thanks!

I do wish I hadn't stopped for as long, but I can't really change the past, so the best I can do is do better from here on out.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
Battle Log

I understand you so damn well! I'm re-spawning too and I feel threw away 2 month effort with 5 month of laziness. I also tried to change too much and the fall ended up being to high...  I was sure I was able to do it all together but I wasn't. It's better to start building good habits with a solid base.

Keep on track little by little!

• Like 1

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

Race: Doppelgänger | Class: None
[Lvl 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

MFP

Challenge: 11

I understand you so damn well! I'm re-spawning too and I feel threw away 2 month effort with 5 month of laziness. I also tried to change too much and the fall ended up being to high...  I was sure I was able to do it all together but I wasn't. It's better to start building good habits with a solid base.

Keep on track little by little!

Exactly! Trying to change too much too fast is a recipe for discouragement when one finds out that one can't do it all.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
Battle Log