Forums are back in action! ×

Because it's dangerous to go alone...

Hi everyone! I'm new here and pretty confused, but I think I might have found a good place for me. I'm trying to establish a habit of regular exercise, but after being sick for a while and a lot of moving from place to place, I'm starting basically at zero. (Which made me really happy to read Rule #1...!)

I'm a professional singer, so if I could invent my own class I'd probably be a bard. As it is, I'm guessing I'll end up in the druid gang. But seriously - the main thing I want to do is just do something physical, every single day. So far I don't like to run or jog, biking kind of terrifies me, and I don't know what it's like to set foot in a gym. (I told you - square one!) I was really into aerial yoga for a while, but I messed up my neck and shoulders, I think because I got excited and pushed myself way too hard before it was smart.

Food-wise, I'm at a pretty healthy weight - just very out of shape. Before I hit my late 20s, I could do basically anything and still have relatively defined muscles and be lean for my body type. I'm 29 now and really starting to feel it - I can't take being in shape for granted any more.

SO! If anyone out there is interested in being accountable in a very, very low-key kind of way, I'd absolutely love that. The people around me either are in my boat (not doing anything at all) or are way, way ahead (and still encouraging, but a little intimidating for me).

As for nerdy stuff, I've been glued to Baldur's Gate II these days. I love gaming in general, though I'm not a particularly serious gamer. I also used to do a lot of table top, though my schedule doesn't really allow for it these days. I also get a huge kick out of shoujo anime, My Little Pony, and interactive fiction.

Can't wait to begin!

• Like 2

From a certain point on, there is no more turning back. That point is to be reached. (F. Kafka)

Hi there!

I can absolutely understand you on the "terrified matter" ! I read a lot to find something I could do first that seemed on my level and the best thing I found is... Walk!

There's even a nice article on the nf blog - try looking walking to mordor-

What I did was buy a pedometer (and a cheap one) Basically you do 3000 steps a day for your basic everyday routine. Each step further is... Moderate and easy exercise that burns calories... A 30 mn walk is 3600 to 4000 steps for examples and burns roughly 150 calories... The same as a 20 mn jog!

And you can split it in your day in 10 mn chunks! Really It's like I've discovered the use of the force! I feel better I don't lose breath as quickly as before ... It made me even want to start running... But it bores me and the notion of effort is greater so I find it harder to motivate thus the tickets abandon is activated... So I got back to walking!

So I'd be really happy to give you a hand on the accountability thing if you like... Don't hesitate to contact me

Plus baldurs gate 2 is the Rpg that initiated me to the genre! And I watched a ton of my Little Pony with my 5 year old daughter so we wouldn't be lost! 😱😨

Win

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Welcome to the Rebellion! 

I absolutely understand where you're coming from. It was very scary for me as well when I started strength training 3 years ago. I used to only do DVD's because the idea of a gym terrified me. I think building knowledge in the basics really helped me and I found some super helpful articles on the NF website. 

If you want to start running, I really really like the app C25K. So yes, if you ever need some support, feel free to PM me! :D

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Nifty!  Professional singer!  I'm far from professional myself, but I've been in choirs for years through high school, college and beyond, and I do karaoke weekly :)  I hear you on the "used to be fine, now I'm getting older" thing.  Good job jumping on it early... I let it slide for a few years and about 40 pounds too long!  Good to see you and good luck!

qgroff | Level 2 Lycan Adventurer
STR 2.5 | STA 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | CON 1.21 | WIS 2 | CHA 2
Twitter | Intro Post | Main Quest | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2
(Goals under spoiler jump)

Main Quest

Get down to 175 pounds: SW: 210, CW: 200

29.38%
29.38%

Pit of Despair side quest badges: Dishes (in progress)  Animal Care (in progress)

Challenge Goals

Goal 1a - Get below 190: Started at 206, 6/16

37.25%
37.25%

Goal 1b - Keto/calories: 8/41
19.51%
19.51%

Goal 2 - Activity grab bag: 0/30
0%
0%

Goal 3 - Pushup/pull-up training: 1/30
3.33%
3.33%

YES TO IF! Anything in particular you're into? I've been playing a fair amount of "With those we love alive" (of Porpentine) and also Creatures Such As We (the faux dating sim on the moon), but I will never, ever get tired of Spider and Web.

Good to see all of you, and thanks for writing. PM me if you want to talk IF or singing or basically anything :)

From a certain point on, there is no more turning back. That point is to be reached. (F. Kafka)

That's great! Is that Couch to 5K? I've heard about it and I'm encouraged that the first step is "couch." :)

Yes it is Couch to 5k! It's really a great app (I chose the free one) and the first time around it got me to running 20 minutes without stopping and I almost cried because I was so proud, haha. :) So I do recommend it if you want to try it!

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2