Forums are back in action! ×

this is the first time I've ever posted anything on web forums so yeah  :rolleyes-new:

i'm less than 5 feet and 43 kg (i know i'm short). exercise daily (1 hr badminton). usually eat lots of veggies, a little rice and a little meat.

I want to gain muscle but im a bit confused:

1) do i have to up my protein intake?

2) it's a stupid question but i have a really BIG ass. Is there any exercise that will make my butt smaller?

Thanks for your time  :pirate:

• Like 1

Goal: 20% body fat

12 hr intermittent fasting 2x per week

0%
0%

Angry bird workout 4x per week

0%
0%

Eat clean and drink lots of water

0%
0%

Hey there!

To gain muscle, you need to strength train.  Badminton is mostly going to cardio, so you will want to add a bodyweight or weights-based strength routine.

You MAY want to eat more protein, depending on how much you're consuming now.  It's possible to get a lot from veggies, but it really takes some doing, so potentially you aren't getting enough.  I've found that 1g protein per pound of lean body mass works well.... some people advocate for 1g per pound of weight, if you want to go even higher.

There is no way to spot-reduce your body fat.  If you start losing body fat, your butt will eventually start shrinking as well.  That said, to lose bodyfat, you need to eat at a deficit (eat fewer calories than you burn).  To gain muscle, you need to eat at a surplus (eat more calories than you burn).  Doing both at once is pretty tough, and would likely involve a long and tedious process of recomposition, which is difficult to get right.  I recommend you focus on one goal first, then the other - drop body fat, then build up muscle, or build muscle (expecting to get bigger), then drop down body fat.

And with all of THAT said, strength training while at a deficit (if you aim at losing body fat first) is still really, really useful.  You will grow stronger (mostly neurological gains - your body getting more efficient at using the muscle you have) and you will minimize muscle loss while you drop your body fat.

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire